Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Jack is back to being number one banana this week with Lynch being out so will have a big bearing on result.

Last edited:

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
My first football-related thought about the shutdown was "Jack's going to be pissed", and he began the 360 interview with his bottom lip tucked into his socks. He made some good noises later in the chat about switching onto footy being a strength of his and the group's - we'll see. A lot on his shoulders. The good news is he has almost a week to get his head around it, and he has matured greatly. I expect him to focus his anger into footy.

He announced he has another bub on the way at the end of the year, are we allowed to hope for a boy?

Reactions: 4 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Reading from the top I wa getting excited about Jack as I was thinking that the school camp environment might suit his character ... the last two posts took the wind out of my sails.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
As I have said being with hubby is one thing, hanging around with 35 of his workmates isn't everyone's ideal getaway.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
As I have said being with hubby is one thing, hanging around with 35 of his workmates isn't everyone's ideal getaway.
Who gives a stuff - embrace or don't go. He shouldn't play because he's acting like a child. He is acting like a complete amateur. He actually referred to his wife being a single parent FFS? He's on a work trip for a month. He is mentally shot.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
His wife is pregnant so I think that might be the reason.

sounds reasonable to me.

don’t worry about Jack - he will be back and I reckon he will relish the chance to Captain the team for awhil.

its not easy to leave your young family behind cause you just don‘t know what’s going to happen in Vic over the next few weeks

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Who gives a stuff - embrace or don't go. He shouldn't play because he's acting like a child. He is acting like a complete amateur. He actually referred to his wife being a single parent FFS? He's on a work trip for a month. He is mentally shot.
not being a fox subscriber I only hear Jacks quotes via this forum.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Seriously?? He is acting like a normal human. 30 days has become 6 weeks at a minimum, in reality the players probably won’t be back in Victoria until September.
Have u ever been seperated from your pregnant wife for 6 weeks?

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Gotta say I find it bemusing how both and Treloar are questioning themselves and why they have left their families just to go and play a game. I guess it is a game but it is also their job; you know the thing they get paid very handsomely and are very privileged to do. Seems a bit petulant to me. It’s almost like no one ever in the history of the universe has ever had to travel away for work.

It’s not ideal but some sacrifice is required for the overall good of the game. If it doesn’t happen the competition and many of it’s clubs will be in even more serious trouble than they already are.

That said the lockdown will be difficult for his wife; no doubt. It’s going to be difficult for millions of people. Sad state of affairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

I get upset at this so much with not just footballers but sportsmen in general..

Im not having a go at Jack....

I look at this this way. What do the services do when their husbands , partners etc have to go away for extended periods ...Most times they miss the birth of their child yet these people come back sometimes they have seen things us normal people wouldnt be able to cope with, do things most cant and yet there are players cracking the sads...

Sorry if i make no sense.
Or it is not relevant for this topic...

Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
He said "what am I doing going away to play a game when I have a young family at home".

You're working Jack. Supporting that young family of yours. Real world stuff for ADF personnel, FIFOs, international sports people, entertainers etc.

Enjoy the ride, you will be back before you know it

Reactions: 2 users