Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Avoided suspension.

Copped a $1k fine for his tap to the um, you know , that area....

Dusty
Pickett as well all fined. More $$$ from the RFC to the AFL.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not convinced at all. Pretty sure he had 5 or so disposals in the 1st then virtually unsighted. How many goals are finishing off the work of others and how many from strong leads and grabs? He's not playing like a tall and I think over a game it is costing us. Has kicked 7 in 2 games so will surely stay. Reiwoldt playing midfield? No. Too slow.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'd rest him for the Gold Coast game. Followed by some family time in Darwin. Then we'll have a bye, he can train that week.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I'd rest him for the Gold Coast game. Followed by some family time in Darwin. Then we'll have a bye, he can train that week.
Sorry Spook now is not the time to rest players. Full throttle from here on end.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry Spook now is not the time to rest players. Full throttle from here on end.
Plenty of footy to be played yet. If we can't beat Gold Coast without a tired 32-year-old, we're not winning anything. Cotchin, Nank and Houli back gives us a seniority upgrade anyway.

We're not going to win a flag in a condensed season by flogging Jack. We need him fresh. He's one of the few who have played every game. Let others lift for a bit. Freshen our man. I'm convinced it's the right approach, at least for the next game. He can play Dreamtime, he'll love it.

Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

yeah im with you Aces.

6 games to go before business time.

Best available 22 every game.

* JR will still be 31 when he accepts the norm smith this year. Lynch played till 35 in a great side. I reckon we'll get 2 more good years out of Jack. he'll go up a gear in September.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
We need five wins from six for a guaranteed top four posi. We only rest those we absolutely have to. And we bring the senior players in to find form and fitness.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
He'll be 31 and 51 weeks.

3 goal assists in 11 games, none since round 4. 12 tackles for the year. Scrounging goals like some street urchin. The reception was pretty poor here in the clink, I wasn't sure at first watch if Jack kicked 3 or Aarts kicked 5.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We need five wins from six for a guaranteed top four posi. We only rest those we absolutely have to. And we bring the senior players in to find form and fitness.

We still have WC & Geelong, ww won't start favourites.
Freo & GC aren't guaranteed.
Then it leaves Essendon and Adelaide.

The GWS and Hawthorn loss are huge looking back now.
That's why a 17 game season wont work.
11 games and port is on top a game clear. In a normal season by round 22 port are 1 game out of the 8.

We need to go back to 22 rounds.
20 minute qtrs and stop using 'requests' to design the fixture.
Top 6 play each twice *10 games
Then one game agsinst the remaining teams . =22 rounds.

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
It’s hard to tell from the telly of course, but I’m not really noticing lack of separation or spring. I’m seeing dropped marks. He’s found himself in plenty of situations where he’s lost his opponent and it’s bounced out of the bread basket or straight through the fingers. Those sure hands have looked Tufnell-esque all season. At ground level too.

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Like I said I’m pretty much on my own here ;)
Not so alone. I like the idea of him providing a marking option in the centre of the ground and using his great delivery to go forward. Starting a chf and moving to the centre/wings during general play to assist transition. It’s the ONLY way I’d use caddy too.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Plenty of footy to be played yet. If we can't beat Gold Coast without a tired 32-year-old, we're not winning anything. Cotchin, Nank and Houli back gives us a seniority upgrade anyway.

We're not going to win a flag in a condensed season by flogging Jack. We need him fresh. He's one of the few who have played every game. Let others lift for a bit. Freshen our man. I'm convinced it's the right approach, at least for the next game. He can play Dreamtime, he'll love it.

6 games to go is not that many. I''m with Smoking, history tells us we need to be settled and launching into finals. Experimenting is done.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Great points. Hopefully GC get rolled by the bombers to take a bit more air out of their tyres. But we really do have them covered.

Jack needs a physical and mental refresher for one last tilt.