Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Not so alone. I like the idea of him providing a marking option in the centre of the ground and using his great delivery to go forward. Starting a chf and moving to the centre/wings during general play to assist transition. It’s the ONLY way I’d use caddy too.
Great minds think a like :eek:;)

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
6 games to go is not that many. I''m with Smoking, history tells us we need to be settled and launching into finals. Experimenting is done.
What about the 6 players to come back in?

In fierce agreement with spook on this.

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
I like the idea of him providing a marking option in the centre of the ground and using his great delivery to go forward. Starting a chf and moving to the centre/wings during general play to assist transition.
Been thinking the same. When Adelaide were good, their Tom Lynch was a master in this role. A smart link-man without being a speedster. Had a knack for getting to the right spots then delivering it to advantage.

To some extent, I feel that Jack could have more of an on-field coaching role, directing traffic, helping maintain structure, telling youngsters like Chol where to run and position themselves, etc. Maybe he does that already.

What do others think?

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
6 games to go is not that many. I''m with Smoking, history tells us we need to be settled and launching into finals. Experimenting is done.
There are 9 or 10 games to go.

We experimented with Towner and Graham in R22. Markov was in the side the last few weeks. Broad only played a handful of games pre-finals.

It's not experimenting as much as it is resting Jack. But it's a little bit experimenting. We have to grow to win.

Look, he'll almost certainly play. Nine days off. Bye after Dreamtime.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Been thinking the same. When Adelaide were good, their Tom Lynch was a master in this role. A smart link-man without being a speedster. Had a knack for getting to the right spots then delivering it to advantage.

To some extent, I feel that Jack could have more of an on-field coaching role, directing traffic, helping maintain structure, telling youngsters like Chol where to run and position themselves, etc. Maybe he does that already.

What do others think?
Adelaide Lynch is an elite runner.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
What about the 6 players to come back in?

In fierce agreement with spook on this.

Cotch and Houli back this week. Fair enough. Nank seems advanced and, if he can get up for the Essendon game, I would bring him in. TBH, I have doubts that Prestia and Astbury can get back. If they are more than a few weeks away, I would have reservations in playing them coming off long injury lay offs. Edwards should be fit and firing and hopefully back in the next few weeks. There is a slot for him.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Here is Jacks Tigertime for those unable to access it or haven’t got around to listening to it.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
great game by jack.

the suns bloke running back, no eyes on the ball, punching jack in the nose, mouth and eyes,

and jack gets no free, but jack dyer votes

pretty much typifies his career

Reactions: 6 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Interview after the game, he said that he was initially struggling with the hub when asked by Nick about his form change. He's in a good headspace now and I think you can see that over his form in the last 3 or 4 games.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Good game by JR. A leaders game.

Still makes some unrealistic attempts, but at least he is looking more likely to clunk them.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Has been building, there is a bag coming. Best he has moved all year.

Spoke about how long it took him to adapt to hub life after the game.

Very telling interview, positive.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Bar playing on a cripple in the massacre that was the 2019 GF, his best game since 2018.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Definitely looking better, but let’s face it, Jack was in shithouse form ,however Jacks direct opponents of late would have had him kicking at least 6 each week at his peak.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Continued great effort by Jack. Marked the ball the best he has all year. Do wish he kicked that one from 40 odd.

Don't forget he was playing on a 5 game player. I do wish he could get a couple of frees, he was clearly held, arms wrapped around him in one contest but got nothing. I think he suffers for the fact he used to appeal a bit for frees a bit. Umps are boneheads sometimes.