Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Great to see Jack running and jumping, that's his go.
He's been wrestling with his opponents too much this season.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Continued great effort by Jack. Marked the ball the best he has all year. Do wish he kicked that one from 40 odd.

Don't forget he was playing on a 5 game player. I do wish he could get a couple of frees, he was clearly held, arms wrapped around him in one contest but got nothing. I think he suffers for the fact he used to appeal a bit for frees a bit. Umps are boneheads sometimes.
Jack would kick 100 goals a season if he got the frees that someone like Dixon gets.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Definitely looking better, but let’s face it, Jack was in shithouse form ,however Jacks direct opponents of late would have had him kicking at least 6 each week at his peak.

true, he was on a bloke debuting again.

but there was another couple of inexperienced bloke jumping all over him at contest too

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
best game so far.
Could he be the one to spark us back to life?

Reactions: 3 users

NZtiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2008
Wellington
best game so far.
Could he be the one to spark us back to life?

His best performance since the grand final. His leap was a highlight, and could have had another goal or two. His Post-game comments on hub-life doing his head in go some way to explaining his poor form earlier in the year. Hopefully more improvement to come from Jack.

Reactions: 2 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Might have been a plan to let him build into the season knowing he can no longer go at 100 percent effort all year

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Played well - his jumping for marks showed he's far from a spent force. Competes hard in the air especially. We just need a better plan in bringing the ball inside 50 to help our key forwards.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Hail Pinjarra!

And gets to raise the bat this week.
Rarefied air.
The century.
100 lung busting, opponent demoralising, arm flapping, wing patrolling games! :clap2 :))

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Agree, he's flicked the interest switch. Not just his jumping but generally looked busy around the ground.
This should be plan B. where both forwards aren't producing due to the flooding of the backline, then Jack should play wing / half forward, he will drag a quality defender.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Also, I feel the added pressure being captain has reduced his effectiveness. His mind is on the team rather on his game. How good is Cotchin then?