Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Still worries them enough so that they have to pay attention to him.

Henderson shat the bed when he was in the block with him in the first 15 seconds of the third quarter.

Two in a granny could’ve easily been four, he held his own. And still contributes to our chaos ball movement.

Tiger icon.

Reactions: 5 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
How good is Jack Riewoldt. One of the smartest players I have ever seen. And I love the way he celebrates GF wins!
That 11 sec IGTV video is so perfectly done, the tone and vibe of it! And when Lynchy raises his glass, it's uber-perfect!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
My lasting image of Jack will be from a game where he was down for much of the day. It was the preliminary final against Geelong last year. He executed the best palm from a marking contest I have ever seen into the safe arms of Dusty who ran into an important open goal. Poetry in motion.

This action defines Jack's later career. Doing the one percenters, competing like a true Tiger. He has come so far from petulant Jack of his early years.

Dimma take a bow on that score.

I know he has kicked bags and clutch goals in finals, but his relationship with our small forwards has been brilliant.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hmm, just won our leading goal kicker in a premiership year.

Not bad, think we might just be able to squeeze him in the firsts.

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My lasting image of Jack will be from a game where he was down for much of the day. It was the preliminary final against Geelong last year. He executed the best palm from a marking contest I have ever seen into the safe arms of Dusty who ran into an important open goal. Poetry in motion.
Dusty's 1st goal in this years GF was from a similarly brilliant bit of play from Jack.

Jack is in decline, but his smarts and ability to make a contest will be enough for him to be a valuable contributor next season.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Footy's smartest player. The best ive ever seen.
Even when he has a down game he always found a way to contribute.
How about the tap to Dusty in last year's prelimarly final.
Pure class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Sir

Tiger Superstar
Apr 23, 2004
As an observation (and I'm sure it won't be a popular one) I'm not a huge fan of players taking their kids up on stage for presentations (excl Marlion who has used family as a massive motivation and is an example to all of rehabilitation). What would happen if they all decided they wanted to bring their kids on stage to get their medal and they all introduced their kids to the medal presenter as Jack did? Or if you didn't have kids you took your mum? Or your dad? Or your wife or partner? How long would it take? I understand this is an exceptional year & families have played a big part (they always do though) but there's something self-indulgent about the behaviour IMO. As is getting on stage with a band instead of being in the rooms with your teammates. Why weren't the whole team up there (maybe no one else wanted to be? ) Maybe I've got it all wrong and we should all be proud to celebrate our own way?
Some interesting observations here - and everyone is entitled to an opinion :gotiges

I'm not the biggest Jack fan (he's no Richo - ha ha) because I find the Tiger passion a bit contrived. Rightly or wrongly Jack is a Tigerman - but Jack (and family) come first.....

Nevertheless - his contribution is unquestionable and no doubt he goes around again in 2021 (at least)

I'm really surprised at the negativity toward bringing children on stage.

Rightly (or wrongly) there have been some very well written articles in recent days regarding the RFC culture and how the team has transformed not only this club but broader team ethic/values. From my recollection we surprised everyone in 2017 (and moreso in 2019) by allowing the entie squad to run onto the oval and embrace the 'all in' approach to victory.

We have seen our player seperate from their families for a long time in 2020 and being able to look back in 20 years at a photo that shows Dad and daughters/son proudly on the podium years later is simply a no brainer.

If I recall correctly only Cotch, Bacher, Jack and Marlion did so. Four from 22 (44)

Are we really going to begrudge this (FFS?)

Houli, Edwards (Ablett) and others all made huge sacrifices this year (for their families) and for a brief moment - we should allow them this luxury. If not - why not?

Jake Carlisle didn't - and he will for ever wonder if he erred :)

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Should make 300 by end of season, and move to second on all time games list at Tigerland. Fair reward. After first 2 seasons has played over 20 for 11 of next 14. Only under was 2019 13
Other milestones in2021 Dusty250 Bacha 200 for us, Dave 150, and 100 to George, Dan, BandF Short.

Reactions: 1 user

Darth Tiger

The Sash is Back
Nov 24, 2004
Victoria
Some good stuff here on and for Jack.

Jackson Callow should immediately change his name to Carlow or Calrow, either one would be fine.

Darth Tiger

The Sash is Back
Nov 24, 2004
Victoria
Reviewing the career 's of Jon Brown at Brisbane and Jack R.

Both are obviously 3 time premiership players, however their careers have been symmetrical in the sense that JB won his 3 before he was 21 and then won a Coleman in a declining side, whereas JR won the first of his 2 Coleman's in the formative years and then has achieved his 3 x premiership glory as a veteran.

Equally satisfying no doubt.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm so thrilled that Jack has been rewarded with 3 flags late in his career.
Always been a star, now part of a star team. Been an absolute pleasure watching his career.

jack-8.10.11-am.gif

Reactions: 7 users