Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I think the challenge for Riewoldt is apart from his leap he doesn't have any standout physical characteristics. As your body loses a bit of its edge, that makes it hard to continue to compete with younger players.
Always been the little rubbery blob between the ears that made Jaaack such a good player. As the body starts to get older n less capable the rubbery bit's having to work extra hard for him to be able to maintain some quality input.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if this is Jaaack's last season. Would love to see him get to 300 games n hopefully a fourth Dingly Dangly, it'd be the perfect way to finish a great career.

Reactions: 10 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Jack's footy smarts and rat cunning will make him a valuable player for this year and maybe next season.

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
2018: our best player
2019: injured
2020: pandemic

Jack and his mates are on the cusp of becoming absolute all-time AFL legends.

With Jack’s credentials, he’d almost be revered as a god compared to others in the football media (excluding grandfathers from the pre-AFL era, with all due respect).

Given the amount of pain and anguish Jack felt from media criticism early in his career, retiring with an untouchable status among critics just might tap into something deep inside him to give him a little boost in his final years.

If he can achieve just a little bit more, who would have the authority to criticise him? I know Jack’s grown and shown incredible maturity since those days, but hidden scars can run deep.

So I say...

Push on, Jack!
Stick it up everyone!

Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He could have gone at pick 8 if we didn’t trade it.
We definitely would have taken him at 8. I read something about Francis being filthy that we traded it, because he had it earmarked for Jack, and didn't think he'd last to 13. That pick 8 had an interesting history. We gave it to Freo as part of the Polak deal and they gave us 13. They then gave 8 to Collingwood for Tarrant (that worked out well for them, eh?) and the Pies picked up Ben Reid with 8. Reid did play in the 2010 GF for them, but I know who I'd rather have on the list.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We definitely would have taken him at 8. I read something about Francis being filthy that we traded it, because he had it earmarked for Jack, and didn't think he'd last to 13. That pick 8 had an interesting history. We gave it to Freo as part of the Polak deal and they gave us 13. They then gave 8 to Collingwood for Tarrant (that worked out well for them, eh?) and the Pies picked up Ben Reid with 8. Reid did play in the 2010 GF for them, but I know who I'd rather have on the list.
Reid :rotfl1
1 good year 11yrs as a list clogger

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

Jack was the shortest tall in a superdraft of talls.

Too much imperfection in the game for a few cms to matter.

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Utmost respect for Jack, when one remembers and really ponders his lone tall role in the 2017 Grand final, one is bumping a story for the generations.
I hope he goes on for a few more seasons yet.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I believe that trade was a Greg Miller special

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Lollingwood then took Nathan Brown at 10. That was pick Francis thought Jack might go at. He knew Shemans would pick Frawley and Dogs Andrias Everett

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Posted this on the 360 thread but thought it would be good to stick it here too.
Jack is pretty open with his comments but you can tell he's always thinking as they attempt to trip him up, especially Robinson. ..... fortunately there's plenty of think time as Robbo mumbles and bumbles away, as the thoughts in his head finally reach their destination, eventually spewing out in a language that would've challenged even the code breakers on the Enigma Project!

Reactions: 2 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Watched a little last night, Jack said if he didnt get another contract that would be the end of his journey but was pretty strong in his belief he had a few years left.

I had somewhat thought it 90-95% he'd pull the pin 2021 end however looks very much like he will want to go on, could be slightly challenging for list management should that be the case!

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Watched a little last night, Jack said if he didnt get another contract that would be the end of his journey but was pretty strong in his belief he had a few years left.

I had somewhat thought it 90-95% he'd pull the pin 2021 end however looks very much like he will want to go on, could be slightly challenging for list management should that be the case!
Maybe he'll go on the books as a legitimate player/assistant coach.... Anyway, a half rat power Jack, has still got a half hearted Marbior covered imo.