Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Maybe he'll go on the books as a legitimate player/assistant coach.... Anyway, a half rat power Jack, has still got a half hearted Marbior covered imo.

Jack's football brain is going to have a field day with the ball coming in quicker. His speed may slow but his superior reaction thinking will still get the mini breaks on defenders he needs

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The bloke is Richmond.
He speaks really well and now has authority behind every word.
I wasn't happy, he didn't mention Castagnfield as a leader of the club while he was talking to Bert and Ernie last night.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
The bloke is Richmond.
He speaks really well and now has authority behind every word.
I wasn't happy, he didn't mention Castagnfield as a leader of the club while he was talking to Bert and Ernie last night.
Jack was just saving George from the added media scrutiny ;)

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
If JR goes on to be a line coach at freaking Haw or somewhere worse THEN I'll probably give it away.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I'll never bring up "the end" again. The club knows. They aren't sitting around circle jerking. And Jack done has everything and more we could have asked. A god to me.

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He’s become a very polished media performer. I bet cousin Nick is hoping Jack will play for a good deal longer, because when he retires and moves into the media that’s something else he’ll do better than his cousin.

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He’s become a very polished media performer. I bet cousin Nick is hoping Jack will play for a good deal longer, because when he retires and moves into the media that’s something else he’ll do better than his cousin.
The Riewoldt Show! Talking footy

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
It’s heartening to see Jack in excellent condition this pre-season.

We can attribute his past 2 years of form to PCL effects, pandemic-related effects, and confirmation bias. Age-related decline is unknown.

But even as Jack’s body does eventually challenge him more in the future, I think there’s a strong argument to have unwavering confidence in him.

He wouldn’t have played almost every game for a decade as a KPF if he wasn’t smart at adapting to niggling limitations.

Can’t run? He found a way.
Can’t jump? He found a way.

He’s spent his entire career proving he can perform around physical restrictions.

On a separate note, I’m impressed at how wise and genuine Jack has become talking in that AFL 360 clip posted above. He’s not doing lip service either. He clearly understands the wisdom behind what he’s saying.

By comparison, non-Richmond players answer questions like atheists quoting the bible.

Some high-quality philosophies have filtered through the club. Who was the original preacher at Richmond? Long may leaders like Jack continue to model the club‘s unique culture. I’ll raise a holy drink to that. Amen.

Reactions: 8 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I think Jack has ruined a few journos planned storyline for this year.

Will reach 300 games at a canter.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Rumours of his demise have been greatly exaggerated. A few on here were sticking a fork in him last year. Looks fit as a fiddle. 6 scoring shots and 4 tackles, the coach would have loved his game tonight.

Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Great game, dropped that last mark due to fatigue, then Jones flopped into his back and tackled him without it due to fatigue. :))

Reactions: 1 user