Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
One of them must have got a whisper from a producer that Jack's next goal would give him exactly half Plugger's career tally, and they were gobsmacked at the difference given Jack is a triple Coleman Medallist. It was a tangent in a one-sided game about how incredible Plugger was, using the modern champion in front of them as a reference point.
You’re being generous spook. I don’t think any of them could have explained what they were doing in an articulate way like that. P.S yes Pluggar was a champion but personally I just think the discussion was a bit disrespectful to Jack. No one bothered to state how many premierships Pluggar had won compared to Jack;)

Reactions: 1 user

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If Lynch doesn’t kick ‘em
Riewoldt must

obviously plagiarised from the 1970’s version and Lillee and Thommo

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
You’re being generous spook. I don’t think any of them could have explained what they were doing in an articulate way like that. P.S yes Pluggar was a champion but personally I just think the discussion was a bit disrespectful to Jack. No one bothered to state how many premierships Pluggar had won compared to Jack;)
They're all irrelevant gnats, WT. If only we still had the option to watch with just the crowd noise. I suspect it was way too popular for some egos to allow it to continue.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
He only played one. Kicked 6 in a losing side.

I don't think they were insulting Jack, more expressing just how incredible Plugger's numbers are. Five or more goals 145 times. Unreal.

Different times of course - higher scoring and less sophisticated defense, but still. Acknowledging Plugger as the GOAT full-forward doesn't detract from what a champion Jack is.
And was a Tiger for an hour or two.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Until the AFL, the slimy t**ds intervened. Another example of what a corrupt organization it is.
Skoda also comes to mind.
Yeah. ... shafting Richmond is not a new fandangled thing..... sadly. Making recent success much more satisfying!

Reactions: 2 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Just bumped into Jack at the Preston Macca's, looks like he is shooting an ad.
Nice guy.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Do we have a replacement on the list? Our young key position stocks seem very thin.
We don't know as CCJ is not getting a game and for me on form should be in a few to many getting to many chances.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Just bumped into Jack at the Preston Macca's, looks like he is shooting an ad.
Nice guy.
Also turned up on Kayo/Fox doing special comments for Suns V Aints match. You notice him doing plenty of media, and is good at it.

Ready to jump into his next career end of this year possibly? Just not sure he wants - or needs to - go around again in '22. Has never had leg-speed and lots of minor ops over his career. Game getting harder for an aging KPF like that?

After 3 flags in 4 years, wouldn't surprise me if Jack calls time.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
JR8 has had a really good start to the season, but he really struggled against Geelong.
It's not over yet for the Richmond champion.
I wouldn't mind seeing another tall forward being selected, so Jack could play more of a ruck-roving role around the forward half of the ground. He's got so many footy smarts.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
He just had the best start to a season in his entire career. Geelong dominated our forward line, so Tom and Jack were both systematically beaten. I don’t think age was a factor.

But as for list management (which is always happening regardless), the club has already secured 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of this year’s draft, plus they brought in Lynch in between.

Jack’s performances and the club’s planning for his retirement have both been first class and at the upper end of what you’d expect, so we’re in a good place in this situation.

Let’s hope Jack plays well for a while longer and has a talented apprentice to take under his wing before he leaves, like Richo did for him.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
JR8 has had a really good start to the season, but he really struggled against Geelong.
It's not over yet for the Richmond champion.
I wouldn't mind seeing another tall forward being selected, so Jack could play more of a ruck-roving role around the forward half of the ground. He's got so many footy smarts.
Has had a blinder of a season has Jack. Still on target for around 60 goals at this rate. Last time he did that was 2018 and has only done so 5 seasons. Last 2 been a bit quieter, probably getting a bit more attention due to his good season.