Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Jack played eight games in his first season with us and almost led Coburg to a flag.

From his second year on he has missed 21 games by my count - 12 of those in 2019. He's had probably twice as many surgeries as missed games. An absolute iron man.
He looks super fit and his body (touch fken wood) looks its really healthy.
He loves taking screamers against the crows

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Reckon this year he's looked fresher fitter and more spring in his jump than the previous couple of years. Jack even said his body feels good. Could go for a couple more years at least.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Everyone obsessed with degree of difficulty. Stuff that. I want height, hang time, a pack, a true sense of awe.
Riewoldt's is one of the best Tiger marks ever.
Bolton's is one of THE BEST ever.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Reckon Jacks beats Shais
Shais was great, but it was like shelling peas, a bit like going up on a bag at training. Players like Shai, Ryan and Howe do marks like that in their sleep. Jacks was a completely different beast, braver, harder.

Reactions: 9 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Everyone obsessed with degree of difficulty. Stuff that. I want height, hang time, a pack, a true sense of awe.
Riewoldt's is one of the best Tiger marks ever.
Bolton's is one of THE BEST ever.
disagree. Shais was in the top 50 I've seen, Jack's in top 5 I reckon.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
To me that mark was a combination of cousin Nick’s and Royce. Nick’s in that he was running back with the flight of the ball and Royce In that he used the guy that was behind him to get up higher
One of the best I’ve seen

Reactions: 3 users

willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Broken Hill
Anyone have the link to mark of the week? Please post on a separate thread Set up for any further Mark of the Week nominations.
Please take the time to vote.
We should all back our man Jack.
Just to let him know we all appreciate his mighty effort and his outstanding courage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Bones17

Tiger Cub
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Anyone have the link to mark of the week? Please post on a separate thread Set up for any further Mark of the Week nominations.
Please take the time to vote.
We should all back our man Jack.
Just to let him know we all appreciate his mighty effort and his outstanding courage.
His mark got No 1 highlight this week on the AFL Website top 10 moments.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Chol looked a little surprised with Jack’s Mark. I don’t think he believed what he just seen.

Reactions: 1 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Rookie
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Really liked him up the ground with the ball in his hands, he is an elite kick and smart decision maker. Great reward for effort in the last quarter

Cotchin_4_brownlow

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 25, 2009
Really liked him up the ground with the ball in his hands, he is an elite kick and smart decision maker. Great reward for effort in the last quarter
Yep agreed, Hardwick said he was gonna play him in a different role and it suited him. Less predictable role playing high half forward and harder for defenders to just drop off their man and double triple team in marking contests.

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Reckon cousin Nick's mark was about the only thing that separated them. Now Jack has taken one rivaling that too.

3 Premierships (including big finals performances)
3 Coleman Medals spread over 10 seasons
2 x Jack Dyer medalist
10 x Club leading goal kicker
294 games (ave: 2.4 goal pg)

Nick was a great player but personally I wouldn't swap our Jack for Nick.
Our Jack is a bloody Champion.

Reactions: 11 users