Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Had a Barry after quarter time. Couldn’t compete in the air in last quarter. I was really annoyed with his around the corner set shot from 45m in second quarter. Why do that? He’s kicked drop punts from their his entire career. Just a bizarre decision.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Had a Barry after quarter time. Couldn’t compete in the air in last quarter. I was really annoyed with his around the corner set shot from 45m in second quarter. Why do that? He’s kicked drop punts from their his entire career. Just a bizarre decision.
Agree. Not a leaders game from Jack tonight.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
What's wrong with Jack?
Didn't have a shot at goal and passed it to Edwards instead.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What's wrong with Jack?
Didn't have a shot at goal and passed it to Edwards instead.
Wet n slippery ball n kicking from outside fifty, passed cleanly to Shedda who kicked the goal. Guess it mighta been the right option.

Reactions: 2 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Harsh here people.When you have three defenders on you and the delivery is as hit and miss as Aussie Post has been of course you will struggle to kick five every week.For me Jack was the only player that looked to be making a fair dinkum go that night.The rest were seriously thinking about what to give Dusty for his birthday rather than having a real go at it.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The article in today’s age having Josh Kennedy as the second best KPF behind Buddy recruited since 2004.

Has listed Jack as 4th best behind Buddy (correctly), Kennedy (wrong), Hawkins (definitely wrong) then Jack.

Jack is a year younger than Kennedy, recruited a year later yet has played more games (26), kicked more goals (25) and won more premierships, they kick on average the same number of goals per game (2.5 to 2.4 for Jack) - yet Kennedys claim to fame is kicking 3 premiership goals against the Pies (hmm how many Premiership goals has Jack kicked - I recall he got a bag in one flag didn’t he) - just another example of underrating a current tiger great.

Jack and Hawkins recruited the same year, played virtually the same number of games (Jack has played 6 more yet Jack has kicked 64 more goals) yet, yet, yet they reckon Hawkins is the better player…. wtf

Can’t they see what they write is sometimes just bs.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Has listed Jack as 4th best behind Buddy (correctly), Kennedy (wrong), Hawkins (definitely wrong) then Jack.
It's a close call and comes down to personal preference.

I'd have Kennedy fourth of the four as he plays closer to goal and consequently has 80-100 fewer assists than the other two. He's very good at what he does, but is less rounded than the others. Harder to separate Jack and Hawkins.

A one-percenter in favour of Jack is that he's never been reported while Hawkins has multiple convictions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Harsh here people.When you have three defenders on you and the delivery is as hit and miss as Aussie Post has been of course you will struggle to kick five every week.For me Jack was the only player that looked to be making a fair dinkum go that night.The rest were seriously thinking about what to give Dusty for his birthday rather than having a real go at it.
Can't under-estimate the importance of Lynch when evaluating Jack's performance. Lynch commands the best backman and other backman have to be more wary which give Jack more opportunity. He's no spring chicken anymore and it's tough being #1 KPF.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
yeah, all gun players no doubt. Hawkins is great and is having a good season again I think. He is a meathead who can't stop belting blokes and his eyes are too close-set so I don't like him.

Kennedy really paid off for

Jack's a funny one, gun full-forward with multiple Colemans right, but also smart, can play small, smart and with assists too. He's kind of less spectacular than Kennedy or Hawkins, doesn't have the same physical presence somehow but his versatility makes him better I reckon.

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
He's kind of less spectacular than Kennedy or Hawkins, doesn't have the same physical presence somehow but his versatility makes him better I reckon.
Reckon Jack's highlight reel would have the other two well covered.

One of the best sledges came on the way to his first Coleman where he was described as an "unprepossessing physical specimen".

Think there is still reluctance to praise Jack in some quarters due to his sometimes-abrasive early personality.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Reckon Jack's highlight reel would have the other two well covered.

One of the best sledges came on the way to his first Coleman where he was described as an "unprepossessing physical specimen".

Think there is still reluctance to praise Jack in some quarters due to his sometimes-abrasive early personality.

yeah I'm sure there is some truth in that, particularly oppo supporters still hate him and think he's a whinger. He is spectacular at times. And smart.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hmm, don't get it really. Buddy first, yep, hard to argue with that he's a freak.

But Riewoldt: multiple Coleman Medals, multiple premierships, slightly undersized these days but still held down the key forward role for years, just can't see how you would put Hawkins or Kennedy in front of him. Made far more out of his opportunities and attributes than the others. If Riewoldt was built like Hawkins or Kennedy he would have kicked even more goals etc.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So Jack will be only the 4th Tiger to reach 300 games.

Bartlett, Dyer and Bourke. When he plays 301 he'll be third all time. Playing next season should bring him to 2nd.

Jack is a Tiger Legend.

(stats exclude Cloke who got his over 2 clubs)

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I think with Lynch back and CJ taking good steps , I can see Jack getting off the leash against the 3rd string backman ( that’s his level now imho) however I know it’s early to be drinking however I wouldn’t giving Jack a half back role , no his never players there , however I garuntee he can , jack can play anywhere , with no Balta or Broady we are going to have to do something different down back

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Jack would immediately be the best intercepting back in the league. Probably ever.