Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Is Jack the same age as a Beefcake Hawkins? He is celebrated yet Jack is looked at as a retired stud. Jacks records defecates on Hawkins.
Its the same with 3 x premiership captain and diving flogwood.
Jack has the smarts to excel for another couple of years.

Reactions: 8 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I see Jack as a more athletic Lance Whitnall. Whitnall was very smart for a footballer (off field, not so much) and he made a career out of outsmarting his opponent even though he had no athletic credibility at all. But when the little bit of athleticism he had disappeared, even the defenders who had low footy IQ but great athleticism could beat him.
Jack's had moments over the last couple of years where he just can't get away. Yes our forward delivery has been poor, but he can't separate from some opponents. He has the ability to get away from some still, and could until now take a decent mark. But if he loses half a step and/or has no leap left, he could become an ordinary player quickly.
I hope that's at least 12 months away, because I love watching him up and about.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
JR8 is going to impact for the Tigers this year.

His educating of Noah for a start will be invaluable, he will also demand and take the oppositions second best Key Back allowing others to step up.

Chaos footy and or quick movement allows Jack through his smarts to get the jump on his opponents before the ball is on its way and that's all he needs.

Has a big role to play in 22.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I see Jack as a more athletic Lance Whitnall. Whitnall was very smart for a footballer (off field, not so much) and he made a career out of outsmarting his opponent even though he had no athletic credibility at all. But when the little bit of athleticism he had disappeared, even the defenders who had low footy IQ but great athleticism could beat him.
Jack's had moments over the last couple of years where he just can't get away. Yes our forward delivery has been poor, but he can't separate from some opponents. He has the ability to get away from some still, and could until now take a decent mark. But if he loses half a step and/or has no leap left, he could become an ordinary player quickly.
I hope that's at least 12 months away, because I love watching him up and about.
Agree TG
Felt like we were seeing it last season.
Hoping we are wrong

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Too many people writing off Jack too quickly for my liking , He is a very smart footballer and can squeeze out a goal from anybody's ass.

He will kick 40+ goals in 2022 and will sign a 1 year extension to play 2023 and retire after winning the 2023 premiership which will be his 350th game

• Love

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Riewoldts footy smarts will allow him to be effective even if he slows. The opposition will not be able to peel off him as he remains dangerous

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I'm writing him off.
So he reads it and gets motivation to smash them again.
If he starts poorly the media will go after him.
Worms like Cornes Barret Brown Even Lyon will go after him.
I hope he kicks 6 on Weithering

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Have never seen Jack fumble the ball so much, has had more of them tonight than all of his career.

But he's a champion, he'll lift in the 2nd half, we need him too.

Reactions: 1 user

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
No player deserves to call time on his career, the club has to do what’s best for the club. Gonna be a long slow end to his career judging by tonight

Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Agree it’s his last season but when inside 50’s are 64/40 against and opposing midfield is running riot, it’s pretty hard for forwards.

It’s the midfield that has to change. Over to you coaches.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The superstar was terrible tonight. First kick to him in the pocket on the lead, he was as slow as a wet week.

Doesn’t want to bend down anymore. Lots of kicks off the ground. Slow reflexes.

Last year for the champ.