Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
haven't seen anything, but I reckon would have been scanned Friday and booked in for surgery Monday, when swelling abates?

Jack has good pain tolerance and recovery.

3 - 4 weeks is my guess/hope
Out for 3. Surgery happened yesterday. Should be back for the Crows game.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
The alternative was CCJ but we know where the club's loyalty was. He had none but you can't blame him.

We reap what we sow.
Chol & CJ received extremely good offers from Suns/North. Way better than ours. I'm glad we didn't match the offers. They went to clubs that needed them and paid them money. We had too many 200 cm players Lynch, Nank, Chol & CJ. Soldo is back and Ryan will be OK in time, Balta up forward is great. we have a glut of KPDs with Gibcus and Tarrant and Miller.
I don't think JR will be as superfluous as Cotch & Edwards. Our forward line was not looking good with Soldo down there but JR will see out a year. Or if not Maybe Caddy makes a comeback, maybe Parker, or Cumberland steps up.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Yes, rumours of Jack’s ‘demise’ last year have been greatly exaggerated.

Gone in 2021 (his 11th Michael Roach Medal)
Gone in 2020 (his 10th Michael Roach Medal)
And also 2019 (5 in a Grand Final)
It seems 2018 was the last year that Jack didn't have doubters (Coleman and B&F)

They'll be right one of these years, but so far there hasn't been evidence of any meaningful age-related performance decline, people are just jumping at shadows and think everything is a sign of what they're trying to see.

A broken thumb can happen at any age. That means Round 1 wasn't a sign of Jack being old, it was a sign of his toughness and passion more than anything!

Plus if he takes out his 12th Michael Roach Medal this year, he'll continue to be our best forward while only being 1 short of the all-time great Richo on 13. The team comes first, but hard to imagine his motivation wavering.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Jack may not be the player he was 5 years ago, but with the notion of 3 talls forward with Balta and Lynch he can, and I reckon will, make a very good contribution this year.

What I really don't understand is this idea of resting tall rucks forward when we have a tall forward line if we play all 3 forward. Rest them back where they can be an extra number and their job is to spoil. We could have done with a resting ruck down back on Thursday with the inside 50 differential.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Jack may not be the player he was 5 years ago, but with the notion of 3 talls forward with Balta and Lynch he can, and I reckon will, make a very good contribution this year.

What I really don't understand is this idea of resting tall rucks forward when we have a tall forward line if we play all 3 forward. Rest them back where they can be an extra number and their job is to spoil. We could have done with a resting ruck down back on Thursday with the inside 50 differential.

DS
I remember when Richo could keep up the pressure of key forward he dropped back to half forward? and smashed to almost Brownlow level it until his hammy finally let go bigtime. Jack's football nous will pull him through

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I don't understand?

are you suggesting playing triple premiership champion CHF Jack Reiwoldt,

over lazy, overrated, galloot Coleman Jones?

produced a failed crop?

jeez.

should Dusty be moved aside for Jack Ross in this strange world view?
Bit harsh on CcJ. Where did lazy come from?

Jack should have pulled up stumps at end of 21. The club should have made the hard call. He was out of sorts for much of last year. He’s been a legend of the club, can understand them backing him. But I think the club would be better off if he had of retired.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Bit harsh on CcJ. Where did lazy come from?

Jack should have pulled up stumps at end of 21. The club should have made the hard call. He was out of sorts for much of last year. He’s been a legend of the club, can understand them backing him. But I think the club would be better off if he had of retired.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.
Don't have to write 'I hope he proves me wrong'
He has nothing to prove.
Cotchin and Jack couldve walked alongside Astbury and Houli.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Don't have to write 'I hope he proves me wrong'
He has nothing to prove.
Cotchin and Jack couldve walked alongside Astbury and Houli.

Happy that Cotch and Jack stayed on for this year - and expect both to give value during the season

Fwiw - reckon Dave walked freely but Bachar had to be dragged out

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Caddy would be the obvious replacement if I hadn't heard he was fighting with others in the VFL. Don't think he'll be picked in the snrs again.

As for Jack, he's earned the right to go out on his own terms & he's not eating up much of the cap. He took a fair paycut from memory.
Reckon he'd love to hang on & play a season for Tassie but I hope he retires as a Tiger.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
I don't understand?

are you suggesting playing triple premiership champion CHF Jack Reiwoldt,

over lazy, overrated, galloot Coleman Jones?

produced a failed crop?

jeez.

should Dusty be moved aside for Jack Ross in this strange world view?

I think its pretty clear what I am suggesting. We had a ready to go key forward who was playing good to OK from what few games he got for us. But we didnt play him and he wanted opportunity so he left.

I have no idea what you are on about with your Dusty comment though.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I think its pretty clear what I am suggesting. We had a ready to go key forward who was playing good to OK from what few games he got for us. But we didnt play him and he wanted opportunity so he left.

I have no idea what you are on about with your Dusty comment though.
Agree with your thoughts JK, but I think Chol was the bigger loss. Not sure if we would have kept Chol had Jack not gone on or if he was always heading north?

Chol has oodles more talent and potential then CCJ IMO.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Agree with your thoughts JK, but I think Chol was the bigger loss. Not sure if we would have kept Chol had Jack not gone on or if he was always heading north?

Chol has oodles more talent and potential then CCJ IMO.
I loved Cholly and im not sure who out of them will turn out better but surely Chol has the higher ceiling. He looked like bargain bin Buddy Franklin at times and at others he looked like Charlie Dixon's hangover. CCJ won't do well at norf tho. Not until they have decent mids.

Our club is rightly or wrongly taking the stance that our ageing champs get to decide when or if they finish. The Hawks didn't do that, but they are *smile* now so what do I know.

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
Jack wouldn't have been happy considering some of the team were at Barnbougle on Saturday, l was there too on the weekend and the weather
was perfect for golf.