Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Next game moves to 312 games. This puts him to second all time list ahead of Jack Dyer.

Still not getting the credit he deserves. People compare him to his cousin. Or they compare him to Hawkins and Geelong flogs and the media have him behind Hawkins in his career.

He is a champion.

Reactions: 16 users
Next game moves to 312 games. This puts him to second all time list ahead of Jack Dyer.

Still not getting the credit he deserves. People compare him to his cousin. Or they compare him to Hawkins and Geelong flogs and the media have him behind Hawkins in his career.

He is a champion.
He is, and you’re right about that lack of credit. One of the only ones who does is his cousin.

Reactions: 2 users

He is a champion.
He and Poorkins are comparable in career averages:

5E7EC7E8-DD18-48D5-B438-0657088C00EF.jpeg

3 premierships to nil
3 Coleman's to 1

Not surprisingly though Shovekins has more AA jackets....4 to 3. That's because he plays for Geelong / doesn't play for Richmond
Hawkins has 2 premierships I think. ... they won 1 of them off his goal that should have been a point didn’t they?

The AA stats frustrate, didn't Jack win the Coleman and didnt get the AA spot. Is this the only time the Coleman winner didnt get the AA nod?

The AA stats frustrate, didn't Jack win the Coleman and didnt get the AA spot. Is this the only time the Coleman winner didnt get the AA nod?
From memory he didn't lead the Coleman at any stage until after the last home and away round. Something like that.

Reactions: 1 user
enjoying Jack leapfrog greats on the all-time golakicking ladder each week. Carey and Hudson last week, next Bill Mohr, whoever that is, then Kernahan, Hall and Rocca.

Reactions: 1 user
I have always considered Jack the better forward. Jack's 2017 premiership efforts as the sole tall forward make him pretty unique.

However I think Tom has flourished in the final years of his career, benefitting from his size. Whereas Jack has slowed down.

I don't bother get into arguments anymore. I put Jack, Hawkins and Kennedy as the best of their era, behind Buddy who is one of the greats.

I do think there is ample evidence to put Jack ahead of his cousin. Always a fun conversation with Saints supporters....