Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
From Royce (67-77) to Roach (77-89) to Gale (90-2001) and Richo 93-2009) to Jack (2007 - ?) a Tasmanian has been in our forward line for 55 years.
FMD.......Please tell me we're not into Sideshow Bob to fill the next void!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
could not have timed that worse, best game of his year.
if its wet or dewy, in his element.
field kicking & creative delight.
no respect from bomber defence tho.
i maintain cant chase & aerial work not adequate.
we have to look at replacements.
who?

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
sorry to be the ugly oppo view here
in the dry v dees blues/ lions imo he will struggle & be run off

have worshipped him but why manage shedda & cotch only?
its the logical way to assess the list without ego damage.

like carter i believe gibcus is good enuf for years of key fwd already.
whos to say sampson/ biggie/miller cant replace his back line posi?

we need to find out what we need

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Having a great year, this thread is a bit comical, he plays a poor game and he should have retired, he plays a good one and its he has to play on next year. I think its his last year, its one of the reasons he's playing so well, and the best way to go out is before you're completely done and languishing in the seconds. But I could be wrong. He could win the coleman this year, but even if he does another year would be one too many.

More big transition coming, which is inevitable and not a bad thing. 2 or 3, or maybe all of Jack, Cotch, Lambo and Shed will retire. It sound like Lambo will eke everything out that he possible can this year and that will be it. Jack and Lambert last years for me, Shed and Cotch, who knows? A lot to play out. Both or either could be done by seasons end or be in fine form and go around again.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
if it is the last year, as unlikely as it is, you wouldn't put it past the champ to win the Coleman & another flag. His influence on our club has been nothing short of remarkable.

• Love

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Jack is a champion. Through and through.
But can one of these highly paid so called forward coaches please instruct him to take a further 10m back for his set shots so he doesn’t almost kick into the man on the mark?
Even the commentary team picked it up tonight.
He’s missing very gettable shots every week but no one is explaining this basic concept to him.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Jack is a champion. Through and through.
But can one of these highly paid so called forward coaches please instruct him to take a further 10m back for his set shots so he doesn’t almost kick into the man on the mark?
Even the commentary team picked it up tonight.
He’s missing very gettable shots every week but no one is explaining this basic concept to him.
The question is why is he doing this after 300 plus games and 700 plus goals? He knows how to kick goals; clearly. Why is this an issue for him now? It's bizarre from a player of his experience.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Lynch makes Jack look good.
He does, of course - but Jack brought it to ground most times tonight, when he had absolutely no chance of winning a contest. It's hard for Jack to then do his own thing, when he's being asked to play Lynch's role as well. I can't imagine what the coaching team thinking, we just gifted the game to them through poor game plan.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Here's an idea. Let's put Jack in the forward line and the Swans will surround him with 4 defenders. Let's then kick the ball high to Jack to see if he can mark it. That'll work won't it??

FFS.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Here's an idea. Let's put Jack in the forward line and the Swans will surround him with 4 defenders. Let's then kick the ball high to Jack to see if he can mark it. That'll work won't it??

FFS.
Yep. Our forward 50 entries were abysmal.

But it's hard to beat them on that postage stamp ground.

My kids have played Auskick on bigger grounds.

And as per freakin usual, the second Longmire can get numbers back and flood, he does it.

• Angry

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yep. Our forward 50 entries were abysmal.

But it's hard to beat them on that postage stamp ground.

My kids have played Auskick on bigger grounds.

And as per freakin usual, the second Longmire can get numbers back and flood, he does it.
Well, Jack was being double-teamed by the McCartin bros who are bloody handy in the air (along with Rampe, Mills, Lloyd and whoever else), so he probably did well to nullify their marking often and bring it to ground. But no support from Soldo who was just inept as a forward and George seemed to be playing on Paddy Mac, so no chance of taking a mark there. In fact George hardly got near it.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Sydney flooded the backline.
Very little room to move.
We need to lower the eyes when delivering into the forward line

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Sydney flooded the backline.
Very little room to move.
We need to lower the eyes when delivering into the forward line

Agree you can't blame Riewoldt for having to deal with a congested forward line and Soldo doing his best impression of a third goal post.

• Haha

TigerWinner

Tiger Rookie
Apr 21, 2022
5 Years ago Jack would have torn that game apart. Jack is Good...can dominate poor teams. against the top tier his aged battle weary body cant cut it.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
how was jacks tackling in the forward line? Spesh.

and went past carlton great Kernahan on the All Time Goalkicker list just for a little bit of passionfruit icing on the win.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I feel like a broken record, but I'll continue to crow about it. Rumours of his demise are greatly exaggerated. I thought he was fantastic tonight, both his and Lynch's pressure was great. Plays on next year if he wants to.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The non-paid free when he was coathangered in the second quarter set new standards for ump injustice too.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
how was jacks tackling in the forward line? Spesh.

and went past carlton great Kernahan on the All Time Goalkicker list just for a little bit of passionfruit icing on the win.

I commented about that on the game day thread. His forward pressure was outstanding.