Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Loved his game. Conditions favoured and he took full advantage.
Me too momentai.
Jack is definitely still contributing.
He may be a bit older, he may be bit slower but he's still as smart & his hunger for success & sheer competitiveness looks as high as ever.
Still will keep any defence honest as a 2nd fiddle. Hope it continues for a while yet.

Reactions: 3 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Champion, champion player. IMO, still underrated by the competition, hard as that is for me to believe.

I couldnt be a bigger fan of his - and feel blessed to have watched him these last 10 + years.
I love how he's been a footy head as a player. Super smart about footy. When I hear all these morons in the media who know nothing about the game and teams/players who just stir up *smile*, it pisses me off that Jack and Nick arent on primetime 7 or radio with their own show to discuss footy.
We'd have the better footy analysis of the old days.

We have been blessed to have him. Smart, smart and smart.

Needs 10 more goals to overtake Saverio and then will have a nice symmetry of 3 Tigers at 12, 13 and 14 on the all time goalkickers list - Richo on 800, KB on 778 and wherever Jack ends up.

Reactions: 8 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I commented about that on the game day thread. His forward pressure was outstanding.
Little bit of wet slowed the run down to his pace n made it difficult for players to manouevre and adjust their body positioning. Jaaack having superb cat like stance n balance took full advantage n went hunting Bloosers.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Still can’t get over him in the 4Q trying to slip past the tackle in stead of hand balling to Rioli.
Tackled, free to geeelong.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
took mark of the year that would’ve won us the game but those umpire flogs wanted to gift the game to the Pussies and pulled a free out of their asses

• Angry
Reactions: 7 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
This season needs to be Jack's last. Has been a champion, but it's time.
I'm the biggest Jack fan around, and I think he's still earning his pay and glad he's in the side this season, but I agree. Cruelled by the free reversal, but first goalless game for the year.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I thought he held his own. Could have very easily have been the hero with that mark.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
took mark of the year that would’ve won us the game but those umpire flogs wanted to gift the game to the Pussies and pulled a free out of their asses
Lynch and De Koning were holding each other. Not sure who the umpire was but he would be the type of grade 6 kid who would tell the grade 1 kids that there is no Santa Claus.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Against Geelong Daniel Rioli was crucial in our successes. But crucial in too many of theirs. He's still learning the caper.

Jack was good and bad too.

Is Jack hated by umpires? He's 43yo. He should have a handle on that by now. And he should take control of the challenge.

Jack was pretty good over all. He could have used better. But meh.

Why doesn't Jack study the rules and get a few frees instead of gifting games to the other side?

He's victimised? Sure. But who cares? It's time to win football games.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
‘Really didn’t like that’: Tigers gun recounts ‘stop the game’ pleas after star teammate’s concussion

David Zita
Fox Sports
June 28th, 2022 9:47 pm

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt believes play should’ve been stopped more quickly in the aftermath of Dion Prestia’s concussion during Saturday’s blockbuster against Geelong.

As medical staff convened around Prestia, play continued to resume, with the Fox Footy commentary team baffled at the continuation, which eventually resulted in a goal to Cats forward Tyson Stengle.

“I was screaming at the umpires, I think there was probably a few of us saying ‘stop the game’ because clearly he was knocked out,” Riewoldt said on AFL 360.

“I’m a bit flat about the minute-and-a-half of play after this; there were multiple times to stop the game. Blokes are kicking the ball over the top of him and the doctors. I thought that could’ve been handled a lot better.

“It’s the duty of care ... you’ve got three medical people looking over a player that’s knocked out in the vicinity of play in the protected zone - it could’ve nearly been 50 metres, he was in the protected zone - and we continued to play that game.

“From a safety point of view I really didn’t like that.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...g/news-story/eea1bd5fe9b9eddc1010b22196adb3ba

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I’ll predict one thing, this round umpires will stop play if a player even sneezes.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
I’ll predict one thing, this round umpires will stop play if a player even sneezes.

They stopped play later in the same bloody game for a head knock.

The umps knew they'd *smile* up. But of course the AFL say " nothing to see here".

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
‘Really didn’t like that’: Tigers gun recounts ‘stop the game’ pleas after star teammate’s concussion

David Zita
Fox Sports
June 28th, 2022 9:47 pm

Richmond star Jack Riewoldt believes play should’ve been stopped more quickly in the aftermath of Dion Prestia’s concussion during Saturday’s blockbuster against Geelong.

As medical staff convened around Prestia, play continued to resume, with the Fox Footy commentary team baffled at the continuation, which eventually resulted in a goal to Cats forward Tyson Stengle.

“I was screaming at the umpires, I think there was probably a few of us saying ‘stop the game’ because clearly he was knocked out,” Riewoldt said on AFL 360.

“I’m a bit flat about the minute-and-a-half of play after this; there were multiple times to stop the game. Blokes are kicking the ball over the top of him and the doctors. I thought that could’ve been handled a lot better.

“It’s the duty of care ... you’ve got three medical people looking over a player that’s knocked out in the vicinity of play in the protected zone - it could’ve nearly been 50 metres, he was in the protected zone - and we continued to play that game.

“From a safety point of view I really didn’t like that.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...g/news-story/eea1bd5fe9b9eddc1010b22196adb3ba
Umpires too busy trying to police the "stand rule"

• Love