Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Re: Jack Riewoldt

Solid game again Jack. If those 2 hangers had stuck it would have been a famous game. 5.1 again outstanding conversion even though 50/50 from long set shots.
does anyone else think he needs to lead a tad more?

vinpaul

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2009

Great battle with Merrett who's a damn good defender. Didnt have the best night but kicked 5, sign of a top player

an_oxford_man

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2004

Riewoldt rarely had the ball kicked to his advantage tonight... In fact, if I was him, I would've been absolutely spewing on the delivery at times. But he just keeps producing. Merret was very good, yet Jack managed a lazy five.

He really has been all class the last couple of weeks. That give off to Nahas in the 3rd quarter was outstanding. His handball is devastating.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld

Merrett will always trouble Jack IMO. Is one of the stronger body fullbacks in the league and his spoiling is quality with very good closing speed for his size. Same thing happened with the game last year when Jack was in the middle of his purple patch.
Not sure Jack will really dominate him. Oh well, happy to take 5 goals in a quiet game.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Nick is now Jack's cousin.

A little memo to Jack: go easy on the speccys coz you nearly did a knee tonight with that high fly in defence.

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004

Geez he is a champ. He was quiet, and he STILL kicked five and had a hand in a few others. Every week I wait for him to have a down game without impacting the scoreboard but it never comes.

Best Key Forward in the game, would rather him over Buddy any day.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne

He should stop trying to take a speccy every time he leads up. It was OTT tonight.

Joe Lynn Turnip

Tiger Superstar
Nov 8, 2009

He was very good again tonight. People undervalue his workrate - runs, tackles & puts in second efforts like Richo never did until his 12th season, not to mention the panic his mere presence causes opposition defences.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

IanG said:
He should stop trying to take a speccy every time he leads up. It was OTT tonight.

Disagree. Got his hands on plenty and would have jagged a few more if on song.

skiptomystu

Jun 29, 2004

IanG said:

The thing is though they aren't unrealistic attempts, nearly always pulls those grabs down.

skiptomystu

Jun 29, 2004

IanG said:
Not tonight.

Had a fair chunk of the ball in most of them. Was stiff not to get paid a couple.

How else do you want him to go for a mark when there are 2-3 players in front of him??

skybeau

Tiger Champion
Mar 19, 2006
Yarragon

Poor Merrett. I reckon he did as good a job on Jack as you can do as a defender.

And he still nabbed 5. Special player right here.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

IanG said:

What? He went went for like 2 ! And missed both by a bee's bouffant.

loto

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 6, 2004

And in some of those contests where he had a fair piece of the ball he was unlucky not to get agree for an arm chop. Solid game from jack. Not his best but he still gets five.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

IanG said:
I think I disagree IG - special players do special things and young Jack is special. When you have two or three to beat, how else are you meant to get the ball. He missed out on at least one very obvious free and a couple of those speccy's nearly came off. If he kicks 5 every week he has done his job in my books.

thejinx

Go Tiges!
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne, VIC

Love when he jumps early, coaxes his defender into going with him, then uses his fat arse to put them off balance, and marks it, off balance, on the way down.

Has done it a number of times this year and last. Amazing to watch.

Keep jumping for speccies Jack - it's your game, and you do it better than anyone else in the league.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009

I'll sit in your corner Ian. It was OTT tonight. Too much unnecessary contested footy tonight.

ToraToraTora said:
does anyone else think he needs to lead a tad more?

Yep. He sits back waiting to take the speccy at times when there's space to lead.