Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Re: Jack Riewoldt

I've been impressed with Jack this year. He's really made an effort to get his team mates involved. Not selfish at all and fights hard when the ball is on the ground.

Has also kicked handfuls when he hasn't been knocked out or suffering the effects of concussion.

Getting better and better.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

My boy has lost every gram of babyfat and is looking lean and very very mean. Has definitely found a yard of pace. I don't need to comment on the set shots . Makes every other player in the AFL look average. Makes Cloke look like the pathetic joke he is. Should kick a big big bag this week on the big ol' G.
Love ya Jack.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Don't forget that Jack's on the Footy Show panel tomorrow night.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Jack's body work in marking contests is as good as anyone I've ever seen. The deliberate mid-air nudge-out of Tarrant was genius. His kicking for goal has a Dunstallesque simplicity and effectiveness. A young champion who is still improving.

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007

He reads the flight of the ball unbelievably well...whether that be engaging in a one on one with a defender or flying over the top. Even when he is on the ground, the ball seems to fall into his hands.

He is a gun.

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007

He is simply fantastic. All the talk is mainly about our young mids being this that and the other and rightly so they are a good crop but Jack is the one all other clubs would want.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Baloo said:
I've been impressed with Jack this year. He's really made an effort to get his team mates involved. Not selfish at all and fights hard when the ball is on the ground.

Has also kicked handfuls when he hasn't been knocked out or suffering the effects of concussion.

Getting better and better.

Yep he is going very well; very team focused as well as kicking goals. Gave 2-3 off the other night as well. His goal kicking is exemplary and every time he goes for a contested mark he's a better than even chance of getting it.

Glad he is one of ours.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Watching his effort against the Roos, I think we should make him our handballing coach.

Some of our other players are absolutely woeful in this area.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Right now, agree. Roo and buddy aren't as leathal inside 50 as him.

The difference for mine is that Jack is a pure forward. Those two are athletes who play in the forward line.

Roo can't kick the set-shot goal. How he must wish he could do it as calmly as Jack. And Buddy couldn't take a contested mark to save himself. Big limitations for both players.

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD

It's hard to believe the knocks on JR when he was drafted now. What was it? Too slow? Not athletic enough? So so leap? Envy of every other club right now.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Leysy Days said:
Getting very Wayne Careyesque with his marking.

Agree. Those running start pack chest marks are straight out of the Ducks playbook.

Just doesn't get beat in the air, brings it to ground or marks it. Maybe the best I have seen at reading the drop of the ball first and getting to the right spot.

ToraToraTora said:
It's hard to believe the knocks on JR when he was drafted now. What was it? Too slow? Not athletic enough? So so leap? Envy of every other club right now.

All of that. Too slow, can't jump, too skinny to be a key forward. At 13 he is one of the great draft picks of the last 15 years.

The PRE records will show that Scooper was all for Riewoldt as well. The thing that I liked is that he had good VFL form. Playing first grade football in the VFL, WAFL or SANFL and playing well should be something that you look for in draft picks. That form holds true most time.

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Another thing. JR was supposed to have dropped a few kilos this pre-season. if that is so full credit to the weights coach because JR is looking super strong in the shoulders and upper body.

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD

And one more thing....will go well past his cousin in overall stats and standing when all is done (I reckon).

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004

Hope all this talk about playing Rewioldt in the backline is over. He has to play forward, is too dangerous not to.