Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Re: Jack Riewoldt

Sign of a great full forward is the effortless way in which he kicks bags of goals.

Had what I considered a quiet night against the Pies and still kicked 4. Likewise wasn't our best player against the Roos and kicked 5. His set shot efficiency has improved out of sight - best in the league ATM. Add this to his ability to contest for the ball and his work when the ball is on the deck - Jack is clearly the best full forward in the league in my biased opinion.

Sitting in second in the Coleman race after 5 rounds, 2 behind Buddy.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

One of the things about Jack is that he tends to take his marks within 30 metres of goal and near enough to the corridor. Plugger was good at that too: it makes set shot conversions easier.

By comparison, Richo took most of his marks near the boundary or about 50 metres out.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008

Loved the way he took that grab on Sunday night, and then checked himself out on the big screen!

Was it just me, or has his emotion been gimped a bit!?

bdr

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002

I just wanted to post this to show my kids....:)

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=26572.msg942123#msg942123

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

bdr said:
I just wanted to post this to show my kids....:)

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=26572.msg942123#msg942123

Good get BDR but a bit slow to twig at page 41 of the thread. There's another astute post at No 11 on page 1 ;D.

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

while we are blowing our own trumpet, i got one right too but not sure it makes up for predictions for Bling

LidsBling&Cotch said:
the thing with jack is he has been developed all wrong.

that genius wallace wanted to make him roaming lean athletic chf. it would be like trying to turn judd into shane tuck. now we all know jack is a confident young kid who likes to puff his chest, run his mouth and walk tall. why in gods name do we want to turn a player with those attributes who reeks of power forward into a *smile*ing travis cloke clone? get him into the gym, hitting heavy weights and hitting them hard. he has the legs and arse to support a heavy top half so theres no excuses. there is no reason he cant be as good as jonothan brown

you watch jack when he has a big body knows it and struts his stuff. he is all about confidence and arrogance

LidsBling&Cotch said:
its puzzling why everyone thinks he is only a 2nd or 3rd best fwd. this guy will be our no1 power forward for 10 years and before anyone says he is too short he is actually taller than his cousin nick butbeing slower is a stay at home fwd in the mould of j brown and i actually think he will be as good

LidsBling&Cotch said:
NO NO NO man. jack is a cocky strong big marking fwd and you want to play him as a lead up forward and a travis cloke clone. what a waste. cloke is a spud and on form this season is very lucky to be getting a game

play jack out of the square and let him own the 50. leadership personified

LidsBling&Cotch said:
you got this one wrong massai. he is tall enough, big/strong enough in the legs, smart enough and a good enough mark to play as a genuine chf/high full forward. the only thing stopping him right now is upper body strength and as we know its been a problem at richmond for years. hopefully with the right fitness/strength staff and some hard work theres no reason that with his build he cant be a genuine 95kg monster in a couple of seasons

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

LidsBling&Cotch said:
while we are blowing our own trumpet, i got one right too but not sure it makes up for predictions for Bling

Braggard

;D

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne

lamb22 said:
Braggard

;D

i also said that only lids cotch jack and bling are the only untouchables so my credibility is shot but not as shot as yours after years of defending Pettifer. i miss our old stoushes on the kayne thread. unfortunately for both of us its a case of abdul the camel *smile*

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007

This time last year he played against the Dockers in Perth and was roundly criticized for being lazy and looking disinterested (remember the shots of him at half time apparently not paying attention to the coaching staff?). There were calls to drop him. Yet by the end of the season he won the Coleman and has gone from strength to strength. Just goes to show how quickly things can change.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com

I was just thinking the other day how far Jack has come when he has a game where he kicks 5, has a hand in about 5 others, and people say he's had a reasonable game. Two years ago people would have been hanging from the rafter praising his efforts. Just shows how much our expectation have come. A few years ago you used to hide behind your hands when Jack was shooting at goal, now you mark it down, before he has taken the shot.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Jack's on the Footy Show tonight......dud show.....but worth watching if Jack's gonna be on it. ;D

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

TigerForce said:
Jack's on the Footy Show tonight......dud show.....but worth watching if Jack's gonna be on it. ;D

About time we had a player on the show.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

TigerForce said:
Just tried to for 30 minutes it but even having Jack on it can't make that show watchable.

Gordietiger

The Rolls Royce!
Apr 14, 2004

Jukes Extended said:
The shows only been going for 17 consecutive years and won a Logie.
Must be doing something right...
and neighbours has been going for 25 years and won logies!!!!!!!!!!