Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
TigerMasochist said:
This is the reason why we have and luv our Stacka. He don't worry about p!ssin around with all the technicalities of tackling opponents. He just executes them with a perfect hip n shoulder.

Yep, watching Pies getting tackled drop it as they fall to ground and then push it forward and I'm thinking Stacky might sort out that tactic >:D

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Jack is in a new foxtel commercial.
When he goes to his front door and finds a bobble head doll of lynch. He picks it up and then throws it straight into the bin.
The commercial about watching you heros live on Foxtel

I personally dont like it.

B

Bill James

zippadeee said:
When he goes to his front door and finds a bobble head doll of lynch. He picks it up and then throws it straight into the bin.

It looks more like Towner.

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
zippadeee said:

I thought it was meant to be Jack !

B

Bill James

easy said:
x2.

Cousin Nick insinuated that Jack is a real tight arse, and would have been very upset at losing 2% of his match payment.
Given he was injured already he should have appealed to have it upgraded to a suspension and saved the cash.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ian4 said:
any news re an estimated return date? st kilda (after the bye) will be 9 weeks since the PCL.

Being a grade 3 tear, (the worse you can get according to JR8 himself), I reckon both surgery and rehab were options that were put on the table and Jack and the club have taken an educated risk on rehab in the hope it gets him back to playing this year. 8 weeks would be minimum I reckon although my Google friend ;D seems to indicate closer to 12 weeks. The risk is that rehab doesn't work and then surgery & 9 to 12 months await.

Hope for best, prepare for the worse is my motto.

Think it would have been a similar discussion to that of Daniel Wells, below :

"Surgery was an option but this course firstly allows Daniel to make a full recovery and, secondly, keeps alive the possibility of a return to playing in 2019," Collingwood football manager Geoff Walsh said.

"The recovery has to be strong and a priority, which it will be, but Daniel has the prospect of playing again to aim for."

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Hopefully he plays again this year. Would be amazing to get him back for another tilt at a flag. Don’t think we can win it without him.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
caesar said:
Being a grade 3 tear, (the worse you can get according to JR8 himself), I reckon both surgery and rehab were options that were put on the table and Jack and the club have taken an educated risk on rehab in the hope it gets him back to playing this year. 8 weeks would be minimum I reckon although my Google friend ;D seems to indicate closer to 12 weeks. The risk is that rehab doesn't work and then surgery & 9 to 12 months await.

Hope for best, prepare for the worse is my motto.

Think it would have been a similar discussion to that of Daniel Wells, below :

"Surgery was an option but this course firstly allows Daniel to make a full recovery and, secondly, keeps alive the possibility of a return to playing in 2019," Collingwood football manager Geoff Walsh said.

"The recovery has to be strong and a priority, which it will be, but Daniel has the prospect of playing again to aim for."

Here we go, a Herald Sun article that is blocked reports that Jack Riewoltd has confirmed that his return will be delayed :(. Will have to watch 360 tonight to see if he gives any update on his segment there.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
CarnTheTiges said:
Ralph mentioned on AFL Tonight that it could be Rd 17 or 18 before he’s back.

Round 17 or 18 is just the new minimum target, Jack mentions the numerous complications with PCL's, be very nervous/afraid!

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Would not be surprised if Jack was to miss the rest of this season.

Not too sure how serious a PCL injury is, but going on his comments on AFL 360 last night he is no certainty for quite a while.

Big loss for us if that is the case, and worst case scenario is if he decided to give the game away altogether. Age could be a factor.

Have posted this same post on the injury site so if the moderators wants to delete from here feel free.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Starting to look like JR might be better to have a PCL reco and be right for next season.
Hope I am wrong and the current strategy works. Seems a huge risk.