Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
toby64 said:
I said earlier that I'm flattered you are monitoring my posts. Now I'm a bit more concerned than flattered.

As I said they're hard to miss, easy to find, took about 2 minutes there are so many like them.

We can all be quick to judge, just sometimes we need to pause before posting. I've got plenty wrong, I'm still not convinced on Bachar and he should have won a Norm Smith & could go AA. I've finally conceded KMac is best 22 but it's taken 2 years.....

We can all do it if we just try.

I'm more bullish than I've ever been about the club, its clear that we have the right people in the right positions who know what they are doing. We have a great chance of winning the damn thing despite our injuries. Our performances have been incredible.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
lukeanddad said:
A man on a mission!

Imagine how much fun you could have scrolling through some of the ‘game day’ hysteria that we get from some in these parts...

I miss scooty, always good for a lift on game day.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
easy said:
If the games were finals, and he could play at 90%, I'd take it

he's a champion match winner. Arguably our No.1 champion matchwinner

you've gotta take your chances when they are there.
Yep. Jaaack b 31 end of this year, take a big crack at getting up for another finals series n hopefully another flag. If the knee goes, so be it. He could have done the surgery earlier n probably missed the rest of this year, no telling that he'd come back premium for next year or that we'd continue to be right in contention for another flag next year either. Who'd have foreseen how our youngsters have stepped up n filled the breech this year with so much of our premium crashing with injuries.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
MD Jazz said:
As I said they're hard to miss, easy to find, took about 2 minutes there are so many like them.

We can all be quick to judge, just sometimes we need to pause before posting. I've got plenty wrong, I'm still not convinced on Bachar and he should have won a Norm Smith & could go AA. I've finally conceded KMac is best 22 but it's taken 2 years.....

We can all do it if we just try.

I'm more bullish than I've ever been about the club, its clear that we have the right people in the right positions who know what they are doing. We have a great chance of winning the damn thing despite our injuries. Our performances have been incredible.

LOL thanks for the advice. But to be honest, I don’t really care what you think.

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Apart from his goal kicking abilities, Jack is the probably the smartest footballer I have seen at the RFC in the last 40 years. Personally I can't see the RFC being a genuine premiership contender this year without him back well before the finals.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
glenn downing said:
Apart from his goal kicking abilities, Jack is the probably the smartest footballer I have seen at the RFC in the last 40 years. Personally I can't see the RFC being a genuine premiership contender this year without him back well before the finals.

I said it the night he got injured. He doesn’t play we are just a middle of the road team.
I wouldn’t rush him back. I’ve heard that they haven’t taken the surgery route to have him back in 12 weeks but things aren’t going to plan.
So if he doesn’t come up and is forced to have surgery, we might not see him play till 2021.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
zippadeee said:
I said it the night he got injured. He doesn’t play we are just a middle of the road team.
I wouldn’t rush him back. I’ve heard that they haven’t taken the surgery route to have him back in 12 weeks but things aren’t going to plan.
So if he doesn’t come up and is forced to have surgery, we might not see him play till 2021.

Seems to be enjoying his commentary position.....which admittedly bothers me a bit as it comes across like he's semi-retired.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
TigerForce said:
Seems to be enjoying is commentary position.....which admittedly bothers me a bit as it comes across like he's semi-retired.

He would be thinking its great not to be served up that *smile* that is currently getting thrust into the forward 50.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jason King said:
He would be thinking its great not to be served up that sh!t that is currently getting thrust into the forward 50.

But Jack marks the ball more than Lynch does/has when 1 on 1.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jason King said:
I dont think I have seen Lynch one on one enough to make a biased observation. At their best its pretty even stats wise.

I don't know why we can't clear the forward line to make this happen. Some tactics/strategy in our game plan is still mind-boggling.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
TigerForce said:
I don't know why we can't clear the forward line to make this happen. Some tactics/strategy in our game plan is still mind-boggling.

Absolutely, Its a stark contrast watching say Collingwood or Geelong how clean they go inside 50 and how much space is there. Dusty manages to do it a couple of times a game, but he is usually sitting as deep as possible in the goal square.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
Looks like he is really enjoying sitting on chair as commentator.
When he's finished playing, if he doesn't want to coach he will get any media gig he wants.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Jacks reckons his knee is comfortable and whilst it is not 100% he says he is OK to play. He came back too early last time so is it really worth the risk of another injury that could impact later on in the season because he wants to play at the weekend? My vie is he is too valuable to play right now especially as the forwards seem to be functioning OK