Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
I'd just like to draw attention specifically to the way Jack handled the press conference/media today. I think he spoke absolutely beautifully, in particular
his words around Stack saying:

' "We're not going to give up on Sydney Stack. He is a young man that has got a lot of issues, he's got a lot of potential, but most importantly now we put the football side of things to one side and we want to continue to grow him as a young man.

"He has got some fantastic traits and he unfortunately found himself in a situation which was [allegedly] against the law, and certainly the wrong thing to do.

"We are going to continue to turn him into a Richmond man." '

Jack's maturity as a person the last couple of years has been exponential. Fatherhood agrees with him I think. Says a lot about the club that they could support
this growth, but even more that Jack was open enough to accept the feedback and do the work. Makes me proud to see him in our colours.
Could not agree any more with you ‘ general’
He has grown up our jack.... from jumping over railway fences to this most professional and Richmond like presser

well done hack
Did the club n our coach proud

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Been a great champion & an all time favourite Tiger but must admit there's a part of me that wants to see Jack's spot in the 22 under pressure this year from the likes of Mabs, CJ or even Balta. Jack's feats will be very hard to replace or reproduce but the need for regeneration is getting stronger..

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Been a great champion & an all time favourite Tiger but must admit there's a part of me that wants to see Jack's spot in the 22 under pressure this year from the likes of Mabs, CJ or even Balta. Jack's feats will be very hard to replace or reproduce but the need for regeneration is getting stronger..
If his body holds up and still has the hunger he is still easily in our best 22 even if those other guys are in hot form.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If his body holds up and still has the hunger he is still easily in our best 22 even if those other guys are in hot form.

Given his unprecedented craftiness and leadership,

I expect jack to be top dozen for a couple more premierships yet

Reactions: 1 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
He also spoiled a kick with his foot in a GF. Clever Jack.
Nailed it Scotty.

The foot smother, the mid air tap to Dusty in the Geelong prelim, the Punt rd fence jump to avoid Tom Browne. Jack is the craftiest bugger in the league. Age will not weary him.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Someone can have his spot after he gets to 300 n maybe another dingly dangly this year.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

I can't see us ever dropping him.
It will just put tooo much heat on him.
I rather he called a end to it on his own.
He has been a star player from the start. He has to be in the best 10 best players to ever play for this club.
I would have a 20 year jack to a 20 year old Richo.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Smartest campaigner in the game, he and Sheds they do so many deft clever things.

Will remain a key point for the Tigers again in 2021.

A good year this year and he might go on in 22.

Another flag this season he might bow out.

Champ I love the bastard.

Reactions: 4 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Jack doesn't need to kick bags no more always takes the second best defender's perfect foil for Lynch.Smartest football brain in the game great for our younger brigade learn off.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I d like to see a focus for the first half of the year on blooding the kids, so giving CCJ and Mabs serious game time in the hot seat.
Jack running low game numbers until r13

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I d like to see a focus for the first half of the year on blooding the kids, so giving CCJ and Mabs serious game time in the hot seat.

He has 17 games to get to the 300 game mark so would need at least 5 games before Round 13 and then play every game and at least 2 finals

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
He has 17 games to get to the 300 game mark so would need at least 5 games before Round 13 and then play every game and at least 2 finals
You are right, he needs to play 17 games.
But maybe many of those in the first half if the season are as a 3rd forward

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
They will both get games as second ruck with Soldo goneski's and no one else apart from the young fella who just arrived.

Marbs will get plenty of game time in the first 2 months as CJ has a month off to go at least of his suspension.

CJ then if form is good might get some game time.

We will know a lot more about both 2 Phones and Cujo come August.

If Balta plays predominantly 2nd ruck forward this season then things are not looking great for these 2.

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Looks super fit and lean in the training photos and videos. Maybe one last big effort this year before he makes the call ?

Thought he looked cooked at times last year - fumbling below his feet, struggling to jump, dropping a couple of sitters, lack of penetration in a few kicks- but in typical JR fashion he bounced back hard and was pretty important in the second half without necessarily being his past dominant self. Kicked some clutch goals.

Been a super player. Hope he goes well this year but reality says he's close to the end obviously.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maybe our next key forward is coming from another club :mhihi

Riccardi perhaps Himmelberg, King who else is out there.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Jack will retire when his wife tells him to retire.
He fears no one. Except for Kylie

• Haha