Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Andrews is a good defender to intercept like McGovern.

But he needs a partner to do the donkey work.

Usually that is Darcy Gardiner and or Adams.

With them both out their defence has been exposed for the lack of depth.

With jack and 2 phones floating around they could not cover them off.

Will be different this week with the Moggs with the Cats likely to cover Jack and Tom with Blicavs Stewart Kolodasnij, Henry and Henderson.
Yes, Brisbane's depth is terrible. As Jack said, McInerney's a #2 ruck. They don't have a #1, or a #3.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Helps they were missing 2 first choice key defenders and he got a real novice.
regardless he was fired up to play well and did. We would not have won without that performance.
That's the thing though. He's more likely to get poorer defenders more often, if we play more threats forward.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
That's the thing though. He's more likely to get poorer defenders more often, if we play more threats forward.
Agree. But he failed to exploit previous favourable matchups like Maynard (very good player but a small defender) and had a poor period from the last qtr against West Coast (non-competitive in that qtr when Barass took 3 marks directly opposed to him) through St Kilda and Gold Coast. But he wasn't alone.

He essentially won the match for us (he and Nank) in the most important match of the year all kudos to Jack.

Ultimately if we have a reasonable run next year with injury we will be the team to beat and Jack can make a valuable contribution.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Been a great year for high marks, however the more I see these great high marks the more I think Jack’s marks been the best this year, all the others have a similarity to them , Jack’s was one of a kind

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Adams played on him earlier this year and after struggling early did well. I can’t recall Lester playing on him in the past. Lester reminds me a bit of the flying pencil - an undersized, useless key defender who got play over 100 games simply being in the right place at the right time.
Played on Jack in last year's final and kept him to a goal (the other was kicked on Andrews). Couldn't repeat.

No more a key defender than e.g. Vlastuin. Gap-filler who's managed to hang on despite mostly being on the fringe. A survivor.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Battled manfully. One of our best, tried to make things happen but no support and outnumbered by good defence.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Still our most dangerous forward & main target but shouldn’t be. CCJ to come back in as soon as he’s fit. Lynch’s contract could be a millstone around our salary cap if he keeps playing like this - if it’s his body, then get it right. If it isn’t - what then?

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Been critical of Jack this year ( wrongly) thought he did what he could today , just can’t kick the goals he once would have on the top defenders , that’s not his role now, he’s our second stringer and doing it well most weeks

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Put in more effort and intensity than T.Lynch.
Yeah not really setting a high bar there.

Not sure Jack is travelling that well. Had a great game last week but the other 5 in the last 6 have not been great. Seems to be a big gap between his best and worst these days. That said our forward line system is roadkill so that doesn't help him.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Jack is playing the second tall forward role and playing it well.

Lynch is the one that is really hurting us this season. Concerning given his contract.