Jack Riewoldt [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Riewoldt [Merged]

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I honestly believe that Jack and Cotch are just as important to our three flags. Dusty wouldn't have won his Normies if it wasn't for the heroics of his teammates in home and away games and finals. Read Rance, Rioli, Lynch, Prestia and Houli for starters. Some lead you to think Dusty is solely responsible for three flags and dragged us through three seasons all by himself. This is total bulltwang.
Dusty is one of the greats of our club, but don't forget we have several elite champions of the game.
This view that we were an average team with one superstar is one that grinds my gears so much.
We had a Brownlow medallist as a skipper, one of the great back men of the modern era, a 3 time Coleman medallist, plus multiple long term A graders in Edwards, Lynch, Houli, Grimes, Prestia and Vlastuin. Add to that proven younger talents like Rioli, Bolton and Baker. Even then I am leaving our Lambert, Caddy and others who had great careers.
Our premiership honour role stacks up against most I reckon.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
rapt. What superstar, what a clubman.

Don't need to expand an whats been said, loved his response to the question what are you looking forward to next year? 'A new and improved ARC'. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
rapt. What superstar, what a clubman.

Don't need to expand an whats been said, loved his response to the question what are you looking forward to next year? 'A new and improved ARC'. LOL
Did he say that snake?
I dont watch that show, only watch any tweets with RFC ppl. cant stand GW, fake as fake can be.

If so, brilliant response from Jack.

Reactions: 2 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Ripper!!

Richmond and Tasmanian Legend.

One of the best this proud state has produced.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
He us staying in virtually nothing
I heard it couidbe as low as 280k
You would suspect that part of the deal is to do a fair amount of work with Fox.

Jack will walk straight into Fox in the 2024 season as they will need extra staff given that part of the new agreement is that they can use their own commentary teams for games also on Free to air.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Still wants to play snrs, still wants to win a flag but what I think liked most was he's he's excited about our future & wants to help our younger players even if it means he plays at the lower levels.
2023 is about Jack giving back to the footy club that's given him everything. The ultimate clubman. The ultimate Richmond Man.

Reactions: 12 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Jack is saying he wont play every game in 2023, interesting to see who the club has earmarked to play the second tall forward - is it Ryan or Bauer? Bauer is the more natural key forward and 3cm taller than Bailey Fritcsh, but my feeling is its Samson being a couple of years older.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
You would suspect that part of the deal is to do a fair amount of work with Fox.

Jack will walk straight into Fox in the 2023 as they will need extra staff given that part of the new agreement is that they can use their own commentary teams for games also on Free to air.

As long as it's not Best On Ground he walks into

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
That puts him in rare air just at Richmond alone, Leysy. Hart, Disco, Richo.
While Leysy might disagree, I wouldnt put him alongside those true greats. I would probably put him in the same class as Mark McQueen and Justin Plapp- a couple of players whose reputation for exceeded their actual performance.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Onya Jack.

Rapt you are giving us another year. You may have lost some pace, jump but your footy IQ is second to none.

By him staying on he will be able to help, work with some of our younger forwards and hopefully one of them or two can show some potential with him developing them.

Champion .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user