Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Was a ripper.
As mentioned his crippling hit on Jones was severely brutal.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney

Add this one to the "always on repeat" - Good old Fists of Fury meets Towner aggression. :D
46314c9a-c862-47ae-8def-12bd7d7662f8-gif.702743

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Haha! Look at Lever’s whiplash! The moment Lever was psychologically damaged forever.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Fists of fluffy has never quite been the same since his encounter with Towner.

One of the more bizarre careers of all time. Gone for all money only to win a Liston then a senior flag and back to oblivion again.

I recall him being one of the first on to the ground after this year's GF and being so happy. Shows you he is a consummate team man.

So long Towner. It has been lovely

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure I've ever seen such outpouring of respect for a delisted player with a handful of senior games to his name.

But it's well deserved in Towners case.

Reactions: 7 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I would be very surprised if Towna was on an AFL list next year, he had no suitors this time last year & cannot see any this time around

We actually heard @ the VFL GF he was going to Keilor next year

FWIW I would love to see him do the Morro role @ VFL level if Morro doesn't continue

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Premiership player, Liston Medal, VFL Premier. that's not bad ! thanks for the service. good luck with it all, be great to see your head around the club again some day.

ratbastad

Tiger Cub
Apr 2, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
I loved the way this guy went about it, very sad seeing him go.

Always a Tiger in my view, played it old school and tuff when it mattered most.

Good luck Towner - always a life member at Punt Rd.

Reactions: 6 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Towner will always be fondly remember by the Tiger Army.

If he isn't picked up by another club, I hope he plays with our VFL team in 2020.

Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The thing that ultimately saw is downfall was his inability to play midfield in our AFL team despite solid output at VFL level.
The purple patch up forward in 2017 really was just that. It was more purple than Prince.
Can he play snr midfield at another club? If the answer is no then he's unlikely to get another crack.

Reactions: 1 user