Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Is there any other player to be loved by so many who has played less then 50 games for the club?
I cant think of one.

Reactions: 5 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I just think the club sees him as a forward only and that they don’t think he’ll click with Tom jack and dusty & castagna:

caddy had to Learn new tricks for the same reason.

Reactions: 1 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Imma miss you J_Town. I hope you never bring the pain to one of your old teammates, but I will get joy out of watching you, legitimately, polaxing blokes for years to come. Good luck.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Is a limited player Townsend thus the reason he couldn't get back into the side. But gee he was magnificent to watch in 2017, just made the most of every opportunity and his kicking for goal was unheard of (not repeatable over a career}. And yes when he had the opportunity to tackle he made it hurt. Hopefully he finds his way to another club.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If only Townsend had Castagnafield’s speed...
Wonderful highlights.
Will always be remembered

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
re th eNorth bloke, Towner saw the contact and turned the shoulder, all while not flinching in his reaponsibility to claim the mark.

I will miss this bloke. The game didn't go past him, our list simply got stronger.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
apart from Towna's purple patch in 2017, his kicking was ordinary before that & reverted to ordinary after

But harsh. Kicked 8 goals 2 behinds in his last 7 or 8 games of the season in VFL. Kicked 21-11 for the season. I'd say that's the best conversion rate of any Tiger this year in the VFL.

Reactions: 3 users

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
I’m very sad about Towner and other members of the 2017 Premiership team moving on. Even when Milesy, Lloyd and Conca left. I’m too bloody nostalgic! Ha ha

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
But harsh. Kicked 8 goals 2 behinds in his last 7 or 8 games of the season in VFL. Kicked 21-11 for the season. I'd say that's the best conversion rate of any Tiger this year in the VFL.
No worries, I cant argue against facts.

My eyes told me a different story