Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
re th eNorth bloke, Towner saw the contact and turned the shoulder, all while not flinching in his reaponsibility to claim the mark.
Lot of players would have short stepped or spilled the mark in a half effort. Not Towner, saw *smile* coming n charged it. Love players like that, harder than a brick shithouse n we've got more than our fair share.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Gunna try n harden up their mid field n forward set up. Way to many outside non contact types at Esserdrugs

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Interesting that with Caracella and Rutten they still go with Towner. I wonder what the feedback was? He is universally respected at Tigerland but still let go which is interesting. Agree he will harden up the bummers but, then again, that's not very hard to do.

I hope Towner stays well away from our boys, we know what he can do. But, at the same time, I hope he proves us wrong

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Interesting that with Caracella and Rutten they still go with Towner. I wonder what the feedback was? He is universally respected at Tigerland but still let go which is interesting. Agree he will harden up the bummers but, then again, that's not very hard to do.

I hope Towner stays well away from our boys, we know what he can do. But, at the same time, I hope he proves us wrong

He wont take a step back townsend.
The Dreamtime game will be a real contest if he goes into the middle.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Anyone but the Bombers :mad:

Obviously bashed up their reserves team a few times and they noticed.

The RFC connection with Blake and Truck at Windy Hill no doubt the reason he got a call up.

But Towner at the Bombers doesnt sit well, nor would have Towner at the Blues or Skunks.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
He was the man of the time when he was needed. Always be grateful for his input in the back end of 2017. Sadly he was never able to replicate that in later seasons except at VFL level so if the move to the Bombers comes off then good luck to him and thanks for the memories of 2017.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Does this officially make the druggies Richmond’s mini-me

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Does this officially make the druggies Richmond’s mini-me
Yep. It's kinda like when SOS left GeeWhizz n went back to Carlscum. Just hoovering up the left overs n dodgy bits. Simply not the way to build a future. Ya gotta take responsibility for finding your own core players n your own path way, then ya can start to add fancy trimming to suit your specific needs.

Reactions: 1 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
He had a freak 6 weeks in 2017 and nothing since.

Despite being a wonderful kick who lays the odd brutal tackle, he doesn't offer a lot. Wouldn't have thought he'll string too many games together.