Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Good luck to him, he wasn't likely to get a game at Richmond he is better off somewhere else.

I like that we are mature enough to let him go because we know it is better for the player. It is a good attitude.

Don't suppose we get anything in return from the scum at Windy Hill?

DS

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We'll have to keep an eye out of nswtiger on bomberblitz.

The best ones from BB.

'Truck and Blake have brought 1 over what about the other 21?" :rotfl1

'Carcella has been here only a week and he has already seen we are soft":rotfl1

"At least he kicks straight"

"Bagley 2.0"

"Hard as nails, not a bad pick up"

"Comes for free from a strong club and good culture"

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
This moves makes a lot of sense by the Bombers. The Rutten and Caracella influence already?

They are screaming for a big bodied inside mid. Towner isn't the greatest going around, but he can provide some help in the middle giving their other mids a chop out, and also go forward.

This move suggests to me that the Bombers don't see themselves getting the inside mid they need in this years draft, and so by getting Towner on the cheap they can look at other areas of need.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It's rather like when we used to pick up fringe players from well performed clubs in the hopes that the habits they learned at the other clubs would filter through. I can't remember it ever working, though.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Good pick up. Is a gun at VFL level (for impact rather than possessions). They really have flaky team, especially forward. Towner offers steel and consistency week in week out. Predominantly forward with the odd stint in the middle. Should play 15 plus games.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Good pick up. Is a gun at VFL level (for impact rather than possessions). They really have flaky team, especially forward. Towner offers steel and consistency week in week out. Predominantly forward with the odd stint in the middle. Should play 15 plus games.
I doubt he,ll play 15. He’s “insurance” and will be lucky to play 6 games IMO.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Towner was pretty ordinary the past few times he played seniors for us. Let's hope that's the version they get & not the legendary one of two seasons back.

Yes the only game he played for us this year he had 3 disposals and 3 frees against playing 77% game time. Didn't trouble the scoreboard. He'll always be remembered for his heroics in 2017.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
some essendon fans on social media carrying on like they've recruited a gun. but then again he played in more finals wins than their club in recent years, so its probably a win for them.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This moves makes a lot of sense by the Bombers. The Rutten and Caracella influence already?

They are screaming for a big bodied inside mid. Towner isn't the greatest going around, but he can provide some help in the middle giving their other mids a chop out, and also go forward.

This move suggests to me that the Bombers don't see themselves getting the inside mid they need in this years draft, and so by getting Towner on the cheap they can look at other areas of need.
Yep. Not liking it, but then again all good things come to an end. Now it's up to us to see if we can outwit him at the Bummers.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
some essendon fans on social media carrying on like they've recruited a gun. but then again he played in more finals wins than their club in recent years, so its probably a win for them.
A gun? Good luck to him but he’s played 48 games in 8 seasons with his most games played in one season being 11 back in 2012 (Followed by 10 in 2018). History is against him having a long AFL career at his third club.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Hasn't played a good AFL game in almost 2 years.
If he gets a lot of games next year the Bombers will be having a terrible season. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Towner in Bummer Downer. but good luck to him glad he got a gig

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I doubt he,ll play 15. He’s “insurance” and will be lucky to play 6 games IMO.
Lamb may have meant 15 games for their VFL side, then again they’ve got a pretty ordinary list, which is mystifyingly overrated by many media observers at the start of most seasons.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I overheard Caracella explaining to someone at the pub

That they brought Towner in to perform a very specific role.

If Sheil drops below 50% DE in a game,

He assumes a passive role in 1:1 tackle practice with Towner the following tuesday.

I reckon its a smart move. We could see Marlion Pickett type efficiency from Sheil round 1 i reckon.

Either that, or a Marlion Pickett type season game tally