Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Am I missing something on Towna?

He keeps being referred to as this midfield bull, but at AFL level was terrible at this role and was dropped back to the VFL pretty quickly every time he was tried in this role.

His best footy was as a defensive forward who managed to find a bit of space but that was only for 5 games.

I love Towna as much as the next Tiger fan, but lets be realistic about what he brings to the table.
Let the gullible Bumheads believe what they want.

Just read Towner was a Bummers fan.....poor kid.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Am I missing something on Towna?

He keeps being referred to as this midfield bull, but at AFL level was terrible at this role and was dropped back to the VFL pretty quickly every time he was tried in this role.

His best footy was as a defensive forward who managed to find a bit of space but that was only for 5 games.

I love Towna as much as the next Tiger fan, but lets be realistic about what he brings to the table.
spot on mate, if he is anywhere near there best 22 they are in a world of pain

even with our injury crisis this year he only played 1 game & 20 in 4 years

VFL player at best who got lucky & took his chance

*smile* love him though !

Reactions: 6 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Now that I am over the fact that he is going to drugland, I am happy for Towner to have found another list spot.

Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Towner is going to teach them a bit about tackling to hurt.

Yeah, they're gonna get hurt by Towner at training. He's our double agent.

I was thinking the same. I wonder how they'll handle his one on one physicality at training. Imagine him fighting for a spot in the ones. Half of them will be missing training with a weekly dose of the "flu" :D

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Essendon will never win a premiership with this bloke in their best 22.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
spot on mate, if he is anywhere near there best 22 they are in a world of pain

even with our injury crisis this year he only played 1 game & 20 in 4 years

VFL player at best who got lucky & took his chance

***** love him though !
X2. Worked his arse off to have one of the best purple patches ever, it's the stuff of dreams.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Out: Matt Dea
In: Jacob Townsend

what a classic - bumbers have no idea.

Towner was great for us for about 5 games - in fact brilliant for 5 games and dam average for the rest. He is a tiger premiership player as a result and loved accordingly but no way is he a midfielder.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Caddy was also never a wingman... so who really knows what tricks are left in Towners bag.....

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
It doesnt sit right seeing him in Essendon gear knowing he will be lining up against us.

As Pauline used to say "I don't like it"!!

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Out: Matt Dea
In: Jacob Townsend

There‘s something to this. When we were a middle table team at best trying desperately to make 8th, we kept raiding Brisbane for their off casts thinking they‘d be good enough to help us. And now Essendon keep doing the same with us. The Bombers are no different to what we were under Wallace. And everyone remembers that last year how bad it was? There’s a whiff of that coming to Essendon in 2020, poor trade period, Daniher saga continuing, key players not getting a preseason, messy handover period and and unsettled board. It’s adding up to a bottom four finish in 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users