Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
I still get a charge out of Butler, Towner and Lloyd getting an afl game each week (Bellis and Miles injured currently for GC), despite no longer being RFC boys. In the old days our cast offs couldn't get a run with a high school girl's soccer team let alone another AFL club. We have most definitely improved!

Reactions: 7 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I still get a charge out of Butler, Towner and Lloyd getting an afl game each week (Bellis and Miles injured currently for GC), despite no longer being RFC boys. In the old days our cast offs couldn't get a run with a high school girl's soccer team let alone another AFL club. We have most definitely improved!

And the better they go the more currency our future cast offs will have.

Reactions: 1 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Caught ten minutes of the Essendon / Crows game and saw Towner take a speccy and then a few minutes later deliver his trademark ram raid tackle off the long run-up on Brad Crouch who coughed the ball up so fast you'd have though Towner had initiated the Heimlich manoeuvre. From which they immediately scored a goal.
Given the Dons won by less than a goal and Towner walked off after the game reported, along with brother Matt Crouch following an inspired double head-butt, (Brad was unavailable to receive any more Towner lovin' as he was off the ground with a hamstring), you can honestly say Towner has had a good day at the office.

But really, it was just another typical Towner day at work.

I think the Match Committee are going to have to explain social distancing to Towner - he isn't getting it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
And the better they go the more currency our future cast offs will have.
Hopefully we start demanding a decent quid for them. We got peanuts for Lloyd and Butler and both are best 22 locks at new clubs. Butler is probably leading Saints best and fairest.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Caught ten minutes of the Essendon / Crows game and saw Towner take a speccy and then a few minutes later deliver his trademark ram raid tackle off the long run-up on Brad Crouch who coughed the ball up so fast you'd have though Towner had initiated the Heimlich manoeuvre. From which they immediately scored a goal.
Given the Dons won by less than a goal and Towner walked off after the game reported, along with brother Matt Crouch following an inspired double head-butt, (Brad was unavailable to receive any more Towner lovin' as he was off the ground with a hamstring), you can honestly say Towner has had a good day at the office.

But really, it was just another typical Towner day at work.

I think the Match Committee are going to have to explain social distancing to Towner - he isn't getting it.
Towner will always be my hero.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
GWS 2012-2015. 28 games.
Richmond 2016-2019. 20 games.
Essendon 2020. 12 games.

9 seasons. 60 games. 1 premiership.

Well done JT.

Reactions: 10 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Whatever happens now, he’ll always be a part of Richmond FC folklore.

He shone briefly, but oh so brightly.

Reactions: 10 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Towner may have had limited talents but he gave everything he had to the game and got a couple of medals to show for it. His 2017 final game was great with his kicking and tackling especially burying Crouch into the MCG turf. Always will be remembered fondly by most of us

Reactions: 7 users

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Good on him.

2017 Grand Final -

18 minute mark of the 2nd quarter and we’re 8 points down. Clear free to Towner. They guy next to me reckons he’ll miss. I had very little doubt he’d glide it straight through the middle...and so he did. Very, very important goal..

18 minutes into the last quarter and a sealer will allow me to bask gloriously for the remainder of the greatest game I’d been to. Towner intercepts the kick in, goes back, slots it and I hear him say in my mind “mate....soak it up!”

What a magnificent grasp of an opportunity and a worthy Richmond premiership player. Always looked his best in the yellow and black!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users