Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Re: Jacob Townsend GWS

DirtyDogTiger said:
http://cha-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc2264.ngcdn.telstra.com/PlatformRelease/649/346/FS_WBD_GRIFFIN_TACKLED_Q3_RD04.transfer_S_1103736357__905189.mp4

get him :)

Rugby background I read somewhere

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Opulentus Tigris said:
This thread highlights the naivety of a lot of posters. Not sure what Richo and Blair can do about players nominating other clubs, other than look to elsewhere. GWS have a ridiculous amount of under utilised talent playing in the NEAFL. Our list is in pretty good shape. A big name alone isn't going to elevate us to a granny automatically. We've got to be pragmatic and strategic. Which, thank goodness we look like we are.
Not sure what they can do? How about doing their jobs and meeting their KPI's. They are in charge of our list. If 'A' grade mid is needed then go out and get one. Don't come back with a player who has been playing NEAFL all year and justify to us members 'hey this will do'

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
Smoking Aces said:
Not sure what they can do? How about doing their jobs and meeting their KPI's. They are in charge of our list. If 'A' grade mid is needed then go out and get one. Don't come back with a player who has been playing NEAFL all year and justify to us members 'hey this will do'

Exactly right. Do ur job. We all agree we need A grader or two. We need a small X factor crumbing fwd. And others as well but these two are primary.
Do ur job use ur warchest and get them to WANT to come to us by whatever means possible. It's ur job ffs. U can't keep failing year after year.....not acceptable!!!!

Chimptastic

Tiger Superstar
Aug 22, 2014

Would laugh if this guy becomes a good player for us and Bennell goes missing for Freo :hihi

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006

Chimptastic said:
Would laugh if this guy becomes a good player for us and Bennell goes missing for Freo :hihi

I'm sure Freo will be quaking in their boots at that prospect.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005

DirtyDogTiger said:
http://cha-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc2264.ngcdn.telstra.com/PlatformRelease/649/346/FS_WBD_GRIFFIN_TACKLED_Q3_RD04.transfer_S_1103736357__905189.mp4

Hardwick saw the clip and said to Dan "Get the boy, he has forward written all over him"

"Offer them that tall skinny kid in the twos who does all that lairisin' and finessin'."

Opulentus Tigris

Tiger Superstar
Dec 8, 2007
Wodonga
Smoking Aces said:
KPIs??? What would you know of their KPIs. I doubt "must recruit A grader to appease PREnders", is a KPI in their employment contract.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Vlossy said:
I think it has been a bungled approach by the club. Firstly they mention a 'war chest' and the pursuit of a big fish.

The big fish quote has been shown to be untrue.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
We all agree that the club has improved dramatically but losing 3 elimination finals in a row will make guys think twice about coming to the club.
Had we snagged a couple of wins over that time, it might be a different story.

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Smoking Aces said:
They are doing their jobs. The fact is that we aren't able to low ball a-graders like the top sides can because we don't have any recent history of success. We aren't going to win anything by paying overs for top players. We need to stick to our ratings and valuations and focus on other areas of the club that can help us improve such as drafting and player development.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just had a look at the first 10 minutes of his game against the Dees, noticed he ran with Viney early, crunched him bloody hard as he kicked, kicking style seemed fine, thou he missed a very kick able set shot when he poked at it, took a nice grab at the front of a pack with pressure coming from behind, won a couple of clerences with nice hard play, dished of a nice long handball for a goal assist. Fwiw thoughts were looks tough, skills seem fine, bit of pace, bit skinny in saying that only watched 10 minutes of a low intensity match, but looked fine

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Is this the guy that was roughing up players and jumping head first into packs a couple of years ago? Seems a Hardwick type.

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
has he been injured? My main worry with his was that he was only getting games with gws when they were really bad. As soon as they improve, he's out... maybe hasn't developed then??

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
Brooklyn Tiger said:
has he been injured? My main worry with his was that he was only getting games with gws when they were really bad. As soon as they improve, he's out... maybe hasn't developed then??
miles couldn't get a game either

Prince Gwilliam

Tiger Rookie
Jun 23, 2014

Is this the end of Matt Thomas? Dimma must have mixed feelings about bringing in this new 'hard nut'

fitchy86

Tiger Cub
Sep 21, 2009
He had foot injuries this year and suspension. Played the last game of the year in the ones and impressed apparently...

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Opulentus Tigris said:
KPIs??? What would you know of their KPIs. I doubt "must recruit A grader to appease PREnders", is a KPI in their employment contract.
Their KPI is improving our list. Pretty simple I would have thought. Don't need to be in the inner sanctum to work that one out.

Everyone can see that our glaring need is another quality inside midfielder. If they can't get one then they have failed.

Opulentus Tigris

Tiger Superstar
Dec 8, 2007
Wodonga
Smoking Aces said:
Their KPI is improving our list. Pretty simple I would have thought. Don't need to be in the inner sanctum to work that one out.

Everyone can see that our glaring need is another quality inside midfielder. If they can't get one then they have failed.
I think they have improved our list. Therefore their KPIs have been met.