Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Disco said:
We all agree that the club has improved dramatically but losing 3 elimination finals in a row will make guys think twice about coming to the club.
Had we snagged a couple of wins over that time, it might be a different story.
Missing the finals for three years now hasn't harmed collingwoods chances of luring players ::)

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
SCOOP said:
Lightning does not strike twice.
What are your thoughts on him? To be honest the only times I've seen him play he has been tagging players so hasn't been getting his own ball.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
reckon this will be a real good pick up.
Injuries is the only concern.
Could be the in and under player we are looking for.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I'm sorry to say.
I'm not too convinced, this has Mitch Farmer, Adam Thomson and Tim Fleming written all over it again.
All called "tough inside ball Magnets". That came to RFC with the opposite charge because they couldn't get the ball and were very poor kicks.
I hope his better.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Stylo said:
Are you suggesting that because we have Miles, Townsend will automatically be a bust?

looks like it. dont forget we cant land a big fish, so recruiting Townsend is pointless anyway.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Brodders17 said:
looks like it. dont forget we cant land a big fish, so recruiting Townsend is pointless anyway.
2 seperate issues I believe, doesn't change the fact of not getting a BF, it's an attempt to fill a need on the cheap

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
zippadeee said:
I'm sorry to say.
I'm not too convinced, this has Mitch Farmer, Adam Thomson and Tim Fleming written all over it again.
All called "tough inside ball Magnets". That came to RFC with the opposite charge because they couldn't get the ball and were very poor kicks.
I hope his better.

If he comes cheap (3rd/4th round pick in a thin draft) then very worth the risk. Would add to the depth and a definite upgrade on Matty Thomas.

We got smashed in the contest by North. This kid might add some steel even as a run with type. At very worst, he doubles our first qtr tackling count :hihi

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
If we happen to get another Miles or 2 this would actually be better overall than nabbing a 'Big Fish' IMO.

Pickups such as the situation with Miles are a rarity so if our recruiting staff can repeat this again they are well and truly geniuses.

GWS so much more then GC have had a goldmine of players in the reserves so its up to clubs like us to capitalise on their inability to keep players like these with high ceilings of potential.

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
zippadeee said:
I'm sorry to say.
Adam Thomson written all over it again.
......... they couldn't get the ball and were very poor kicks.
I hope his better.

Afraid he's not Zips rubbish player.

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Vlossy said:
If he comes cheap (3rd/4th round pick in a thin draft) then very worth the risk. Would add to the depth and a definite upgrade on Matty Thomas.

We got smashed in the contest by North. This kid might add some steel even as a run with type. At very worst, he doubles our first qtr tackling count :hihi

Would prefer 4th if we have too. Been in the system a while, i feel even a 3rd would be overs. GWS might have even delisted him for all we know before showed interest....all the sudden 3rd rd pick!

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Brooklyn Tiger said:
Would prefer 4th if we have too. Been in the system a while, i feel even a 3rd would be overs. GWS might have even delisted him for all we know before showed interest....

all the sudden 3rd rd pick!

A 3rd rd pick this year is the equivalent of a 5th rd pick of more stronger drafts. I am convinced we would only really would look at using 2 maybe 3 picks anyways then upgrade Castagna and Lambert.

Pick 45ish for Townesend is what it will be.

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
Vlossy said:
A 3rd rd pick this year is the equivalent of a 5th rd pick of more stronger drafts. I am convinced we would only really would look at using 2 maybe 3 picks anyways then upgrade Castagna and Lambert.

Pick 45ish for Townesend is what it will be.
Pick 45 for Townsend. We can't really lose on that one. Get it done i say

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
keepa lids onit said:
Pick 45 for Townsend. We can't really lose on that one. Get it done i say

Why? When was the last time you saw him play??
Let them delist him and we should rookie him.
Can't get another Tom hilslop

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Yeah, I'm with Zips. ( Gulp)

We need to get out clubs bargain bin looking for long shots.

Would rather keep the third rounder.