Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Not exactly a big fish but he is a contested big bodied midfielder who is tough as nails. Would serve a purpose and shouldn't cost us more than a 3rd rd pick in a shallow draft.

Andy Maher has been banging on about Townsend to Tigers all morning.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
SkillzThatKillz said:
Hopefully a Miles MkII

He fills a need and is a definite upgrade on Matty Thomas.

If we can score another Miles type then happy days!

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
28 games only 1 in 2015. Sounds like the type of deal we would do 20 min prior to trade cut off then "the big fish" we are more now hoping than expecting.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Tiger Pops said:
28 games only 1 in 2015. Sounds like the type of deal we would do 20 min prior to trade cut off then "the big fish" we are more now hoping than expecting.

In fairness, look at the GWS mids in 2015. Ward, Treloar, Shiel, Coniglio, Greene, D. Smith, Whitfield, J. Kelly, Griffen, Steele.... a little bit of talent there.

Wouldn't be the easiest team to crack a regular spot in.

Why not land him on day one and focus on any other possibilities afterwards?

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
Tiger Pops said:

Get Yarran Townsend and Colledge done early then focus on whatever quality is out there!

Chimptastic

Tiger Superstar
Aug 22, 2014
Roommates with Jeremy Cameron and Devon Smith. That's all I can find on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgaWviBV14

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
Chimptastic said:
Roommates with Jeremy Cameron and Devon Smith. That's all I can find on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbgaWviBV14

There is a tackle he made on Griffen on GWS website headline Wrecking Ball started a mallee with his hard fair tackle.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
He is the perfect bodyguard for Cotchin in the midfield. Has some sh!t about him and is a real goer.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Jacob Townsend
#31 GWS Giants
Height: 186cm Weight: 89kg Position: Midfield

A tough, hard-working midfielder, Townsend made further strides in 2014. Usually given a tagging role, he is a ferocious tackler, and averaged 7.5 a game in his eight senior appearances. Is still learning how to win his own ball to have a greater impact on games, but remains on track to become the hard nut most teams crave. -

See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/jacob-townsend#sthash.ce0hYGcc.dpuf

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Smoking Aces said:
Jacob Townsend
#31 GWS Giants
Height: 186cm Weight: 89kg Position: Midfield

A tough, hard-working midfielder, Townsend made further strides in 2014. Usually given a tagging role, he is a ferocious tackler, and averaged 7.5 a game in his eight senior appearances. Is still learning how to win his own ball to have a greater impact on games, but remains on track to become the hard nut most teams crave. -

See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/jacob-townsend#sthash.ce0hYGcc.dpuf

Looks like a young and skinnier Jacko. ;D

Big Country

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 1, 2011
year of the tiger said:
his only game this year - rd 23 v melb he did OK

He had 22 touches, kicked a goal and had 6 tackles. Only 2 guys from GWS (Ward and Treloar) had more touches in the game.

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
seriously underwhelmed.... If we want a tackle machine, upgrade and go after redden hard. he sounds like a battler. does he really improve our seniors? would have to think unlikely.

just doesn't seem worth it..

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
TigerForce said:
Looks like a young and skinnier Jacko. ;D
True that. Probably plays like him as well at the same age.

Tigers of Old said:
Is that what we need?
No but he is that big bodied mid we need. Has played by the looks of things predominantly as a tagger but his last game seems encouraging.

For a nothing pick i.e. late pick in a weak draft he could worth the punt.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Vlossy said:
A big bodied inside contested mid who loves to tackle...... I think yes

Smoking Aces said:
True that. Probably plays like him as well at the same age.
No but he is that big bodied mid we need. Has played by the looks of things predominantly as a tagger but his last game seems encouraging.

For a nothing pick i.e. late pick in a weak draft he could worth the punt.

I must admit to never having seen this guy play but then I hadn't seen Miles & Lambert play either.
It sounds like a long shot.