Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
SCOOP said:
Good Grief. It's come to this. Speculative at best.
Yep. We are like that tight arse Uncle at Christmas time. Bargain basement.

Tigers of Old said:
I must admit to never having seen this guy play but then I hadn't seen Miles & Lambert play either.
It sounds like a long shot.
We can only hope he turns out like Miles / Lambert.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Wonder how many people were saying this about Miles who has turned out well for us ;)

Nothing wrong with grabbing a Townsend or a Colledge which will suit a need for us early next week then seeing what talent is out there. These guys are speculative types of course but we are giving up next to nothing for them. It won't hurt the $$$ still available to hunt another more talented guy which doesn't need to be a mid. Someone like Tomlinson who can fill a need in multiple positions would be one to look at.

Anyways, food for thought.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
TigerForce said:
I'd love to know where he got this mail from.

Andy Maher has some strong Carlton links in the club so could only assume that SOS made an approach to Townsend and was advised from there.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Jonesracing82 said:
cheaper/younger version of Redden?

He tackles that's a great start. Because no one tackles at Richmond besides grimes and rance

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
Only thing that matters is will he crap himself infront of 90,000 at the MCG next Sept. Yes or No it is that simple.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
SCOOP said:
Good Grief. It's come to this. Speculative at best.

Not sure what you mean by that. That this was our last resort?
We should be looking at under utilized talent from the expansion clubs regardless of what happens with our other targets.

Chimptastic

Tiger Superstar
Aug 22, 2014
For 18 months people on here have been banging on about targeting more GWS depth midfielders while recognising we need big bodied mids.

Might not work out, but it's the right type of strategy.

kevbokev

Tiger Rookie
Jan 15, 2009
Stylo said:
Not sure what you mean by that. That this was our last resort?
We should be looking at under utilized talent from the expansion clubs regardless of what happens with our other targets.
Absolutely!

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Sounds like a good move to me. Fills a need and will be ready to go immediately. If it doesn't work we won't have given up much.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Kid can play - just looking for that chance to play regularly in the middle.

Will surprise people if he gets the chance!

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Mate of mine who closely follows GWS is a big fan of him, reckons when he is in the middle they more often win the ball at stoppages.

Get Jacob for 3rd rd, Yarran for 2rd rd keep our 1st rd for the draft...that would be an okay outcome.