Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Vlossy said:
We have two needs that we have identified — one a rebounding defender, which is hopefully (Carlton’s) Chris Yarran, and the other is an inside midfielder,” Tigers football boss Dan Richardson said on Friday.

“Ideally we would have liked to have got an elite mid like (Adam) Treloar, but that’s not going to happen.

“We have always liked Jacob and have been tracking him for a couple of years and we feel he is a big-bodied, tough mid that we think can help us. He certainly fills a need.

“He’s obviously not a big name but we are more about needs than names. We’ve had some positive discussions.”

Townsend is out of contract and likely to cost the Tigers a third-round pick at next month’s draft.
Why on earth are we not after a ruckman then?!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Vlossy said:
Hopefully the lessons he has learned this year hold him in good stead moving onwards.

Plenty of lessons underway at Tigerland. The coach is still learning after 6 years in the job. The players are still learning after 3 consecutive EF embarrassments. The GM of Football is still learning how to recruit anyone better than a C-grader from another club.

Will there ever be a time where people at RFC stop making excuses and actually just get it done?

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
Vlossy said:
“He’s obviously not a big name but we are more about needs than names. We’ve had some positive discussions.”

Sounds like we are being softened up like we were last year when the club also did bugger all. How we were told that was the plan all along. No doubt they are still trying to get a big name, but clearly they have their spin ready just in case.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Rancey18 said:

No decent one out there. Lunehamburger gets injured sneezing. smith gone backwards since his first year
The only one going cheap would be Currie from North

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
zippadeee said:
No decent one out there. Lunehamburger gets injured sneezing. smith gone backwards since his first year
The only one going cheap would be Currie from North
A good start would be at least getting Leuenberger in for a medical and then assessing the decision from there. Maric as our number 1 ruckman next year is simply not good enough against the elite ruckman in the competition.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Vlossy said:
We have two needs that we have identified — one a rebounding defender, which is hopefully (Carlton’s) Chris Yarran, and the other is an inside midfielder,” Tigers football boss Dan Richardson said on Friday.

“Ideally we would have liked to have got an elite mid like (Adam) Treloar, but that’s not going to happen.

“We have always liked Jacob and have been tracking him for a couple of years and we feel he is a big-bodied, tough mid that we think can help us. He certainly fills a need.

Townsend is out of contract and likely to cost the Tigers a third-round pick at next month’s draft.
What an absolute cop out. Fills a need. Sure. But so does Matt Thomas but he is not going to propell us into the top 4.

I am starting to get sick of these excuses.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Rancey18 said:

The Tigers are not in the market for a ruckman and will back Ivan Maric and Shaun Hampson for another season.

“It’s probably something we’ve got to address over the next 12 to 18 months, but at this stage Ivan is obviously still our No.1 ruckman,” Richardson said.

“We brought Shaun in a couple of years ago to be that taller option. He’s had some injury and (issues with) durability, but he’s also showed signs here of improving. We need to back that in.”

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Vlossy said:
“We brought Shaun in a couple of years ago to be that taller option. He’s had some injury and (issues with) durability, but he’s also showed signs here of improving. We need to back that in.”

Who is attributed to that quote Vlossy? Richardson again?

What a load of absolute *smile*!! Hampson is a total spud. Showed signs of improving my arse. How long's he been in the system now and we're still waiting for him to improve???

I was spewing when we recruited and am spewing he is still on the list.

*smile* they are deluded at RFC. The champions of mediocrity.

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Ridley said:
Who is attributed to that quote Vlossy? Richardson again?

What a load of absolute sh!t!! Hampson is a total spud. Showed signs of improving my arse. How long's he been in the system now and we're still waiting for him to improve???

I was spewing when we recruited and am spewing he is still on the list.

*smile* they are deluded at RFC. The champions of mediocrity.

it just blows my mind they even consider hampson..he is rubbish..maric ,as much as i of the guy is just no match for the super ruck men in the top four sides...i cannot for the love of me figure why we are not going hard for another ruck

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Smoking Aces said:
What an absolute cop out. Fills a need. Sure. But so does Matt Thomas but he is not going to propell us into the top 4.

I am starting to get sick of these excuses.

Exactly. The excuse making and arse covering is getting very tiresome.

If Richardson and Hartley can't land anyone of note this trade period then it's time to get someone serious to have a crack at it.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Yeah it is DR.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-2015-richmond-shows-interest-in-gws-midfielder-jacob-townsend/story-fnp04d70-1227563687972

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Vlossy said:
Yeah it is DR.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-2015-richmond-shows-interest-in-gws-midfielder-jacob-townsend/story-fnp04d70-1227563687972

Unbelievable ::)

Way to shoot for the stars Dan.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Ridley said:

He isn't good enough to do his job. Until this part of the footy department is fixed we will never be contenders

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Vlossy said:
Yeah it is DR.

Oh dear. Typical Richmond.

pervian

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 12, 2007
Yes be happy to see him at RFC with Yarra next year looks tough and young only 22

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
arlobill said:
it just blows my mind they even consider hampson..he is rubbish..maric ,as much as i of the guy is just no match for the super ruck men in the top four sides

Not sure Hale and McEvoy qualify as super ruckmen, Arlo. And the Hawks went OK.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Ridley said:

"Dan Richardson proudly shows off Richmond's latest signing....

460_345_resize.jpg

Opulentus Tigris

Tiger Superstar
Dec 8, 2007
Wodonga
This thread highlights the naivety of a lot of posters. Not sure what Richo and Blair can do about players nominating other clubs, other than look to elsewhere. GWS have a ridiculous amount of under utilised talent playing in the NEAFL. Our list is in pretty good shape. A big name alone isn't going to elevate us to a granny automatically. We've got to be pragmatic and strategic. Which, thank goodness we look like we are.