Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Opulentus Tigris said:
This thread highlights the naivety of a lot of posters. Not sure what Richo and Blair can do about players nominating other clubs, other than look to elsewhere. GWS have a ridiculous amount of under utilised talent playing in the NEAFL. Our list is in pretty good shape. A big name alone isn't going to elevate us to a granny automatically. We've got to be pragmatic and strategic. Which, thank goodness we look like we are.

I think it has been a bungled approach by the club. Firstly they mention a 'war chest' and the pursuit of a big fish. Then on the eve of the trade period we are admitting defeat in an interview and saying we are unlikley to land the big fish.

I dont mind grabbing a guy like Townsend and trust Choco and Miles input about him. I also think Yarran is exactly what we need. A good kid at 12 and it isnt overly terrible but it is a little underwhelming.

We are not that far away. Hopefully it is enough to tip the scales our way in 2016.

Opulentus Tigris

Tiger Superstar
Dec 8, 2007
Wodonga
I certainly understand everyone's disappointment, I mean who wouldn't want Treloar. Facts are he and others don't want to be Tigers. Not sure what the attraction of Collingwood or Geelong is over us, but I'm seriously hoping these guys never see Premiership success and we have a dynasty. Time to move on. They will regret not choosing Richmond.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Rumour has it the attraction to Geelong is that they have a new suburb opened up between Geelong and Torquay. They just could be getting a parcel of land if they come over as a possible gift !

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Vlossy said:
Yeah it is DR.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-trades-2015-richmond-shows-interest-in-gws-midfielder-jacob-townsend/story-fnp04d70-1227563687972

*Groans*

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Opulentus Tigris said:
This thread highlights the naivety of a lot of posters. Not sure what Richo and Blair can do about players nominating other clubs, other than look to elsewhere.

There's nothing naive about. A major part of the job for these two is to recruit talent to the club. Why are players choosing other clubs over us? DR and Blair are obviously not selling the club well enough. It's easy to recruit other clubs' scraps with the promise of more game time. The tougher part is convincing the guns to come to us.

If they can't do the job get someone who can. Geelong and Collingwood don't seem to have an issue with it. Bloody hell even the lowly Saints convinced Carlisle that St.Kilda is where it's at for him.

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
Al Bundy said:
Rumour has it the attraction to Geelong is that they have a new suburb opened up between Geelong and Torquay. They just could be getting a parcel of land if they come over as a possible gift !
Haha Armstrong creek is the suburb your referring to, they've been duded if that's true the joints built on a swamp that floods during wet winters. Couple of years ago a brand new slab actually sunk!! true story

Opulentus Tigris

Tiger Superstar
Dec 8, 2007
Wodonga
Ridley said:
There's nothing naive about. A major part of the job for these two is to recruit talent to the club. Why are players choosing other clubs over us? DR and Blair are obviously not selling the club well enough. It's easy to recruit other clubs' scraps with the promise of more game time. The tougher part is convincing the guns to come to us.

If they can't do the job get someone who can. Geelong and Collingwood don't seem to have an issue with it. Bloody hell even the lowly Saints convinced Carlisle that St.Kilda is where it's at for him.
Other clubs scraps???
I think Blair has done pretty well recruiting other clubs scraps. If GWS or the Suns have any more scraps such as Jake Barrett and Jack Steele, maybe even Adam Kennedy or Jack Leslie, we should ablige and take them on.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Al Bundy said:

Didn't Bomber own a lot of that ?

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Opulentus Tigris said:
Other clubs scraps???
I think Blair has done pretty well recruiting other clubs scraps. If GWS or the Suns have any more scraps such as Jake Barrett and Jack Steele, maybe even Adam Kennedy or Jack Leslie, we should ablige and take them on.

It's gotten us to a point where we are a competitive side that can't win a final. We're taking scraps at the moment because it's all we can get.

Time to wean ourselves off the scraps and onto the main course.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Opulentus Tigris said:
This thread highlights the naivety of a lot of posters. Not sure what Richo and Blair can do about players nominating other clubs, other than look to elsewhere. GWS have a ridiculous amount of under utilised talent playing in the NEAFL. Our list is in pretty good shape. A big name alone isn't going to elevate us to a granny automatically. We've got to be pragmatic and strategic. Which, thank goodness we look like we are.

There's a lot of good talent on the GWS who are sitting in the 2s
Easy and cheap pickings. There's a couple of "Miles" players ready to break out.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Tigers of Old said:
Well Dan, sorry but that's not good enough.
So, if as is being suggested, Treloar decided on Collingwood fairly early this season, what exactly was Dan supposed to do about that? Treloar seems to have some sort of connection with Collingwood (some previous association with Buckley) so I'm not really sure what Richardson could do in that situation. I do agree that someone at the club has to investigate what is turning prospects away from us and towards other clubs and take steps to change it, though.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
SkillzThatKillz said:
C'mon GWS, he's played 1 senior game this year.

4th rounder please.
Will GWS be using many late picks ? Hopefully we can land him with swapping a few numbers in the draft

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
SkillzThatKillz said:
C'mon GWS, he's played 1 senior game this year.

4th rounder please.
Yeah, thought the same thing when I read 3rd rounder. Please, 28 games in 4 seasons and 1 in his last. He's probably close to delistment anyway.

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
mtench said:
Haha Armstrong creek is the suburb your referring to, they've been duded if that's true the joints built on a swamp that floods during wet winters. Couple of years ago a brand new slab actually sunk!! true story

Maybe they'll rename it "Danger Fields"

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Re: Jacob Townsend GWS

http://cha-cdn220-is-3.se.bponlinewoc2264.ngcdn.telstra.com/PlatformRelease/649/346/FS_WBD_GRIFFIN_TACKLED_Q3_RD04.transfer_S_1103736357__905189.mp4