Jacob Townsend | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jacob Townsend

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
it's a decent call C . be good to see him there
Thanks mate, cheers.

NSWTiger would be pretty happy about It if it happened I'm sure.

I just thiought he's quality at that level and a good Richmond man, with losing some of our better VFL listed players he'd be very handy.

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Thanks mate, cheers.

NSWTiger would be pretty happy about It if it happened I'm sure.

I just thiought he's quality at that level and a good Richmond man, with losing some of our better VFL listed players he'd be very handy.
Agree wholeheartedly Craigo.
Was going to type the same in regards to NSWTiger being rapt if that eventuates.
Hope it does.

Reactions: 1 user

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
North could do alot worse than having a guy like Towno at their club the next 2 years

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Whenever i think of Towner i think of the Freo game in '17 and that tackle in the GF.

Was amazing being at the ground that day, i could sense Jack running that bloke down for HTB in first and i could also sense towner ragdolling Crouch and stuffing him in the turf, one of a few defining moments in that GF.

Go well Towner!

Reactions: 4 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
My mind goes back to the GWS final in 2017.

I can't remember who the player was that he tackled, from memory Tomlinson, but i may be wrong.

Towner nails him in a typical Towner tackle and the ball spill free. GWS gain possession again and go around in a few circles under our pressure.

Tomlinson has by now managed to drag himself to his feet, sore and sorry only to look up and realise one of his besieged team mates has just handballed to him. He pretty much realises in the same instant that Towner has him lined up again. You could almost see his shoulders drop in resignation before he is smashed a second time.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
After this post thought I'd rewatch the 2017 GF. There's 10mins to go in the 3rd and Graham's just kicked his 3rd. Reckon we're home.

What a great day.

Towner the water diviner and drought breaker.
Me too!
1 min into the second Q, second bounce, Towner smashes mckay hard...
The crouch tackle could have been the turning point, and sticks in the memory (it is in the AFL game highlights) but I reckon Towner spent the whole second quarter hitting crows hard and fair.
All the best Towner, premiership Tiger.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Whenever i think of Towner i think of the Freo game in '17 and that tackle in the GF.

Was amazing being at the ground that day, i could sense Jack running that bloke down for HTB in first and i could also sense towner ragdolling Crouch and stuffing him in the turf, one of a few defining moments in that GF.

Go well Towner!

My best Towner moment was actually in a VFL game against the Maggots or Drugs cant remember which one I think it was against the Pies at Vic Park, as it was televised.

There was a ball up and congestion, with the ball pinging around inside a pack of 6- 8 players when Towner runs off the HFF straight into it in full Bobby Boucher Waterboy Style, and dead set spears this Maggots player with the ball and they both come flying out the other side of the pack.

I thought he'd killed the bastard he took ages to get up, a true Rugby League tackle (Trevor "the Axe" Gilmeister style) if Iv'e ever seen one on an AFL field.

Loved it.

His purple patch was one for the ages, and has him etched in Tigerland Folklore forevermore.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

I can't remember who the player was that he tackled, from memory Tomlinson, but i may be wrong.

Towner nails him in a typical Towner tackle and the ball spill free. GWS gain possession again and go around in a few circles under our pressure.

Tomlinson has by now managed to drag himself to his feet, sore and sorry only to look up and realise one of his besieged team mates has just handballed to him. He pretty much realises in the same instant that Towner has him lined up again. You could almost see his shoulders drop in resignation before he is smashed a second time.
:))Only just finished re watching this game a few minutes ago. So many players n fans going the blub ( some in shock n horror, most simply overjoyed ) when the siren blew, 'twas a special moment to behold.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

The very same look that Ol Mate Wyl E Coyote would have in the Road Runner Cartoons before he got hit by a truck, a bus, or train .... :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
:))Only just finished re watching this game a few minutes ago. So many players n fans going the blub ( some in shock n horror, most simply overjoyed ) when the siren blew, 'twas a special moment to behold.
For all the great moments in that finals series, for me the first of the two Butler goals in the last quarter is the most spine-tingling moment of them all.
"Butler can pick it up ... Butler can get 'em into a Grand Final! (ball sails through) They are going to the Grand Final! The Tigers ... are home."

Enjoy:

Re-watching that I am wondering why GWS had to wear their alternate strip in the 2019 Grand Final (not that their main one is much better).

• Love

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Somehow in the right place at the right time to become a premiership player for the Mighty Tigers, but always going to be a football journeyman given his limited range of skills.
Probably managed to grab more than his share of glory than he would have otherwise expected.

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
come back home Jacob
we need you to drive our seconds team/program forward

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Premiership players currently listed

0 - Adelaide, Carlton, Melbourne, North Melbourne
1 - Brisbane (Birchall), Essendon (Stringer), Fremantle (Hamling), Gold Coast (Ellis), GWS (Mumford), Port Adelaide (Lycett)
3 - Collingwood, St.Kilda
4 - Sydney
5 - Geelong, Hawthorn
11 - Western Bulldogs
17 - West Coast
25 - Richmond

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
Premiership players currently listed

0 - Adelaide, Carlton, Melbourne, North Melbourne
1 - Brisbane (Birchall), Essendon (Stringer), Fremantle (Hamling), Gold Coast (Ellis), GWS (Mumford), Port Adelaide (Lycett)
3 - Collingwood, St.Kilda
4 - Sydney
5 - Geelong, Hawthorn
11 - Western Bulldogs
17 - West Coast
25 - Richmond
Does the 25 include Rance?