Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
ripper game, top season. Now it steps up and it will be good to see how JA steps up. Footballer

Reactions: 3 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Had a good year but came up short in his first final. Disappointing. His opponent had a corker.

Does he learn fast enough to get another chance? The coach will know.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The bloke won't be beat. Any end of the ground. Any time.

I'm sold.
I like the cut of his jib Jack. But I think we need finals hardened experience next week. If Caddy is fit I think Jake makes way.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I think we may need to drop Aarts. Unfortunately, he may be an AFL footballer trapped in a VFL footballer's body.

He's getting the most out of himself, but when a player is limited, those limitations magnify in finals.

He's not big, or fast. He's not a great overhead mark, or an elite kick. He's not a high possession getter or a rabid tackler.
He does all of those things pretty well, but doesn't have an A grade attribute (other than endeavour).

He may not be able to play finals.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I think we may need to drop Aarts. Unfortunately, he may be an AFL footballer trapped in a VFL footballer's body.

He's getting the most out of himself, but when a player is limited, those limitations magnify in finals.

He's not big, or fast. He's not a great overhead mark, or an elite kick. He's not a high possession getter or a rabid tackler.
He does all of those things pretty well, but doesn't have an A grade attribute (other than endeavour).

He may not be able to play finals.

Not sure I would write him off at this stage, but for 2020 it looks like he is not ready for finals.

Does need to develop at least one stand-out aspect to his game.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Not sure I would write him off at this stage, but for 2020 it looks like he is not ready for finals.

Does need to develop at least one stand-out aspect to his game.

DS

Yep.

What's his one wood?

AFL players need at least one elite physical trait.

Lambert is limited but has endurance. Caddy is limited by has strength. Castagna is limited but has photos.

Aarts is just limited.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
A few blokes in the gun at RFC this week. But not Aartts.

Think of some bigger names.

Aarts was good.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
He gives 100% and does his bit defensively, but 2 effective kicks and 2 effective handballs, no scores, no assists can't be considered a pass for a small forward except on the most lenient of Steve Morris scorecards.

His out was that it wasn't a night for forwards, the chains of play weren't there for him to get involved in.