Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think the honeymoon is over for our Jake.

2nds player capable of playing solid depth cameos as required

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Looks a mile off the player he made himself into last season, just to messy for me, with Georgie a lock in the Kos role I’d like to see some class addded into the small forward role, I won’t be shocked to see MJ quicker then we thought, because Daniel hasn’t been killing it either

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
in defence of Jake Aarts.

I want him playing VFL for the vast majority of the year, dont get me wrong.

But Ive noticed he has a real connection with Tom Lynch.

Similar to Jack and Danny.

and Big Tom is down on form,

making it very difficult for Jake.

and for the prosecution .....

Zero (0) tackles last night, which is entirely unacceptable from a richmond small forward.

you cant use form or opportunity as an excuse for Zero tackles in his role.

Its laziness, lack of fitness or lack of ability.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Run and chase is what we missed tonight from him. We need pressure players up there to lock the ball in

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Rarely takes a contested mark. Rarely wins a one on one contest. Rarely lays a tackle and applies little pressure to defenders. Kicks a lucky goal occasionally. VFL player...

Maurice will be a dangerous player.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I stupidly called Lambert a VFL footballer in 2016. Won’t make that mistake again.

Looking forward to both Riolis coming into the team eventually.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Showed traits of a selfish footballer last night. Numerous times.

Didn‘t bring any heat defensively.

Spell.

Reactions: 4 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Lucky he hit that goal cos he burned 2 players in the square to get it. In the gun and he knows it. I don’t want to see him at senior level again

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Was completely invisible last night for the 1st 3 quarters. Was ok in the last, kicked a nice goal, but just didn't do enough for me.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Or when Jack Graham has position a one one on. Took Graham out and Port took the ball.

Good VFL player.
Yeh, that was so selfish. Perhaps a sign of a guy who knows his spot is under pressure and trying to do too much? He burnt dusty with a handpass as well as a couple of other selfish acts. Will be surprised if he holds his spot.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Said it last year - I just didnt see it with him, just an average middling player. Had hoped I was wrong but he hasnt shown anything different to what I'd already seen when I made that assessment.

nafe brown

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 22, 2014
0 tackles not good enough continually jumping in front of the key fowards when he should craming the ground ball....needs to go back to the seconds to find some form.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
There weren't a lot of tackles period in last night's game. His form during pre-season was solid, and he was good last year, and unlucky IMO to get dropped as we went into the finals.

However his form in the season proper has been probably worse than patchy. His running data is solid, but if you're watching a game on TV, he doesn't seem to even be in the frame. He got into the frame to stuff Graham up (unfortunately), and i couldn't believe the lack of awareness when he was tackled in the last. He could have given off when he kicked that goal (maybe bad) but his effort to get the ball to ground with Allir Alllir bearing down on him was fantastic.

All in all though, he is doing nowhere near enough at the moment, but i wouldn't write him off.

Maybe Higgo left one season too soon!

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Flew for so many pack marks I thought he was playing full forward, with everyone else as decoys.
In truth he,s our smallest tall forward.
Would go well with McBean as our tallest small forward