Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
No idea why he was going for marks, not his role, maybe desperate to have some sort of impact.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not performing aarts

really disappointed with aarts this year. not half the player of last year.

with rioli out and george roaming the wings, we are struggling for small forward presence.

• Haha

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Looks a mile off the player he made himself into last season, just to messy for me, with Georgie a lock in the Kos role I’d like to see some class addded into the small forward role, I won’t be shocked to see MJ quicker then we thought, because Daniel hasn’t been killing it either
I reckon he's bulked up and is struggling carrying the extra weight. I'm hoping he's done it under instruction and will come good and find his feet in the new weight division. Expect his tackling to improve in the 2and half of the season and just his general ability to use his extra mass. Also he'll have shed a bit of it by then and may regain some agility. Happy to afford the selectors/coaches some leeway on Jake.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
There alot of people going hard on Arts but when he was playing well mid last year, he was the Energizer bunny in our forward line.
He won't be dropped. And he isn't the only one not performing well.

Reactions: 2 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Reckon he played well. Couple of mistakes but he also had some good moments. The coaches keep picking him despite his low numbers, so there must be something about him the like.

Saw him in the our defensive 50 in the 2nd Q affecting a contest. Not sure he got a stat but he busted his gut to run down to get involved, then busted it again pushing back up towards the wing which ended up with a throw in, but definitely a win for us in gaining ground.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Good game tonight and he needed it. Reckon his form this season was pretty ordinary before tonight.

Reactions: 1 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Good game tonight and he needed it. Reckon his form this season was pretty ordinary before tonight.
Thought he was much more 'team first' this week, someone did say last week, he was playing selfish. Probably put too much pressure on himself.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
If Non-performing Aarts is ever selected to once again pull on a Richmond jumper it’ll be too soon
seen enough we may as well play with one player short

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Jake is fast running out of games.

Moju is coming, and results like tonight will only expedite his entry.

Only injuries and Dimmas dislike to make changes will likely see him play again next week.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Hes just a slower George. Really dont see what he brings to the team. Is not quick and supposedly tough but ive never seen it. Holds the ball way too long and constantly gets tackled. Big pass and the exact type we need to start replacing completely