Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I thought Jakey's energy made a genuine difference up forward.
Excellent debut & earned himself another game.
Stack & Bolton will have watched closely at home on TV.

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He's not just a pressure forward. He wins the hard ball and can distribute.

Reactions: 9 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
A very promising start to his career.
Has plenty of potential to be a key player for Tigers over a long period.
Will be all about his attitude and how he wishes to apply himself.
Stackman could take a leaf out of Aartsy's book today and learn a thing or two.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Didn't look out of place at this level, a good debut. Also no stage fright.

Definitely looks like he will get better as he gets used to the harder game at AFL level.

Keep him in for at least 3 more to give him a chance.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Good debut. Hard at it, stuck tackles. Nice composure.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Good debut. I reckon he,ll make an even better one next week.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
ran hard too. got really deep in defence a few times.

very acceptable debut

Reactions: 4 users

Bizzbizz

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2015
Tell you what you will never die wondering with this lad puts his head over it great enthusiasm stays in

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Showed great composure and clean hands in his first game, when the pressure ramped up, he didn't look like fumbling, impressive.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Agree with others. Was able to distribute as well. Much better than George.

Yep, George still worries me. Do we only get a top game once or twice a season? Like that great away game in 2019 where he kicked 5 rippers? Was it against GCS or GWS? Then a top GF performance - but 5 behinds!
Just doesn't look fired up or switched on this season, but his poor skills often just drive me spare. Could he just hold a mark with a single grab for a change or snap truly? (Check out young Daicos at the Filth for a contrast - he only needs a glimpse for a split second, snaps truly).

I've seldom seen an AFL player that has such poor hands. That handball running out of our backline in Q3 (I think) with a team-mate running by. Broad maybe? Clear of any opponents applying direct pressure, just a standard easy HB for any player that he has done so a couple of thousand times, including at weekly training sessions.
He misses about 2m overhead and 3m behind him; almost resulted in a turnover goal, I think from memory. Not sure how any AFL player of some experience does that. Just weird at times what he does.
Anyway, back on topic, great debut from Jake. Made me feel a little better for letting Butler go ... unlike George or Danial atm.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yep, George still worries me. Do we only get a top game once or twice a season? Like that great away game in 2019 where he kicked 5 rippers? Was it against GCS or GWS? Then a top GF performance - but 5 behinds!
Just doesn't look fired up or switched on this season, but his poor skills often just drive me spare. Could he just hold a mark with a single grab for a change or snap truly? (Check out young Daicos at the Filth for a contrast - he only needs a glimpse for a split second, snaps truly).

I've seldom seen an AFL player that has such poor hands. That handball running out of our backline in Q3 (I think) with a team-mate running by. Broad maybe? Clear of any opponents applying direct pressure, just a standard easy HB for any player that he has done so a couple of thousand times, including at weekly training sessions.
He misses about 2m overhead and 3m behind him; almost resulted in a turnover goal, I think from memory. Not sure how any AFL player of some experience does that. Just weird at times what he does.
Anyway, back on topic, great debut from Jake. Made me feel a little better for letting Butler go ... unlike George or Danial atm.

You didn't notice Edwards had 2 shocking handballs too?
George wasn't at his best yesterday but his pressure ratings were "high' again.
That's where and how our game style is based on. Pressure!

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Plays a lot like Baker for mine.

Whats his endurance like? Can he play more minutes through the midfield?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
You didn't notice Edwards had 2 shocking handballs too?
George wasn't at his best yesterday but his pressure ratings were "high' again.
That's where and how our game style is based on. Pressure!

Sure, I think many of our players - top-line, dual premiership players have not been sharp this year with poor disposal/skills, disappointing effort. It's all been fully commented on here. Yes, Sheds can make some awful errors because he takes the game on and is very creative. George occsionally does that. But too often he's a footy 'klutz' who can stuff up some really threatening passages of play. There was a kick OUB in this game that did that too - I doubt anyone could be certain what he was even aiming at.

Yes, George et al, will probably improve and get into top gear by the latter half of this season, hopefully. However, he manages to make me anxious every time he gets the ball, never confident he'll not stuff up. When he succeeds, it's like a pleasant surprise. I was a fan of Butler, who at this stage is looking like an absolute steal - AFL media calling him recruit of the year, winning all sorts of votes and equal 3rd in the Coleman.

Let's hope we see a form reversal back in the favour of both our two by the business-end of this sesaon.