Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The question is can he lift as the team around him lifts.

I get he isn’t the player who lifts the team by himself, but as those around him lift, if he doesn’t then he gets left behind, or like last year, is the unlucky player to miss out.

Reckon with Stack, Mansell, Chol or doing well I can see him making it once the Calvary return.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, might be time for a spell but with 2 injuries he might get spared.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I’ve been a fan. But the past few weeks have been bad and tonight was no better. Needs a spell.

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Even at his best I don't think he gives us much. But he's survived all season long so I expect it to continue.

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Slow hands and not creative by foot. For a small bloke his turning circle is huge and gets caught way too often. He’s at his limits now and would not be in the side if we had a full list of players to choose from. Can’t knock him on effort though and that’s probably why he is still in the team

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
he creates panic for himself, i can't handle watching it ..

Reactions: 1 user

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
I like the fact that he tries but If I am honest with myself, I think I prefer Hugo in the fwd line than Jake.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Jake or a fringe youngster is not going to make much difference to our performance - play the kids

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
If Noah Cumberland keeps kicking 5 he will be in at Jakes expense.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon Performing is the anti-Nank.

In that, we will be a better side without him in it.

he tries his guts out every week, so I dont enjoy saying that.

Reactions: 3 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I reckon Performing is the anti-Nank.

In that, we will be a better side without him in it.

he tries his guts out every week, so I dont enjoy saying that.
He really does try. Hard. And is hard at it both at ground level and in the air. How was that spoil on McCarthy I think it was? Aarts suffers for the team. But he did stifle some great attacking opportunities as well.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
His endeavour continues to be elite , however he’s not impacting anywhere near what he did in mid 2020 , not hitting the scoreboard , fumbling and missing inside 50 kicks, however I noted he was right beside Lambo when crumbing a few times on Friday, that says he’s getting to the right spots .

We’ve won 3 flags with super hard working small forwards so it’s hard to argue against it, id Just like to see some genuine class added to our forward half . Much rather the ball in Graham, Baker or Cumberlands hands then Aaarts or George’s around goal .

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Just like George, the injuries will keep him in, but every time he plays just underlines the point that he’s a good VFL footballer.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Like Aartsy Fartsy's efforts n endeavour, he goes at it as hard as he possibly can. Dislike his failure to think of n make a decision when he's got time n space to do something talented n creative.
Almost threw up n put a can through the t.v. when he completely misread that long pass from Sausage in the last qtr. Reminded me too much of my own total physical ineptitude at any level of footy.

• Haha

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Is Matthew Owies better? Maybe?

It wouldn't be too hard to find a replacement. Even one much better than Matthew Owies.