Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
The win-loss ratio with Aarts in the side keeps getting worse.

Moreover, you could look at causation as well as correlation over the last two weeks.

It comes down to the same question as always: what does he offer?
Yep it’s a bit of both. Martin for Aarts is a fair upgrade when you have half goal losses.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Hope Club doesnt blame a b grader who was on the ground for two minutes...stuff blaming aarts.
Blame idiotic leaders for not setting up defensivly for the last north goal....gut wrenchingly pathetic unawarness.....no mids running into the goal zone for that throw it
It bggles the mind
Riewoldt, Nakas & Grimes lost the game

Reactions: 1 user

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Riewoldt, Nakas & Grimes lost the game
A complete lack of leadership.
Nanks free kick give aways..simple set shot misses...prestia insane 50 metre give away at quater time..grimes non action as captain and backman in that last minute AGAIN was hands down worse than castagna / aarts ,who are just b grade role players ..we expect more from our a graders and leaders...
As for edwards ...where is he in these castagna / aarts moments ?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The win-loss ratio with Aarts in the side keeps getting worse.

Moreover, you could look at causation as well as correlation over the last two weeks.

It comes down to the same question as always: what does he offer?
He played 19% of the game. He stuffed up the last play, but seriously, we shouldnt be relying on Jake Aarts, or Judson Clarke, or MRJ, to make the match winning play in the last minute against North Melbourne.

Reactions: 2 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
certainly agree that we shouldn't blame Aarts for this loss , it was a team effort !!!

the daggers have been out for George & Aarts for some time and its times like these that shines a white hot spot light on them

the 2022 version of George is getting way less possessions , tackles , frees for , scores and 1%'ers per game than the 2017/18 version of George
and his extremely unorthodox set shot routine I think just brings it all to a head , the majority of posters here just get the sense , regardless of the role he's playing , just doesn't seem to bring enough value to the side

Aarts has always been and will always be a bit player , thats cool , we need role players , foot soldiers etc
if the ball lands in his hands what are the chances he'll do something ok or better ?
I think the answer most will agree with here is disappointingly low
He is constantly labelled as too slow and a poor decision maker at this level
and at his height contested marking is off the table
has he had enough opportunities to accustomise at the level ? Yes
given his age and experience does he have improvement in him ? No
Does he knock the door down at VFL level ? No , Antony Miles and Sam Lloyd knocked the door down in the VFL , Aarts plays well but doesn't rip it up

He will have no trade value so I believe we take the pain and play Dow , Stack , RCD , MJR , Clarke as a small forward

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
He played 19% of the game. He stuffed up the last play, but seriously, we shouldnt be relying on Jake Aarts, or Judson Clarke, or MRJ, to make the match winning play in the last minute against North Melbourne.
It can be true to say both of these things.

- You absolutely cannot blame that loss on Aarts.

- Had we not selected him we would have won.

Again, when you select players, you do it because they offer something. What does Aarts offer?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It can be true to say both of these things.

- You absolutely cannot blame that loss on Aarts.

- Had we not selected him we would have won.

Again, when you select players, you do it because they offer something. What does Aarts offer?
Can you tell me the score when Aarts entered the game, and what each team scored after he was subbed in?
And would that be causation or correlation?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Jake Arts

"Standout player for us on the day. He won the ball, his tackle pressure was outstanding and he got the ball going our way with 11 clearances."

End The Farce.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
A great effort to get on an AFL list and play 42 games coming through the hard way.

Sadly you can almost pinpoint his career demise from the middle of last season when he was on track to kick 30+ plus goals for the season (when he’d kicked 15 by rd 10) after he had a full page story on him in the paper. Only kicked 3 more goals for the season. Now delisted.

Reactions: 7 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
A great effort to get on an AFL list and play 42 games coming through the hard way.

Sadly you can almost pinpoint his career demise from the middle of last season when he was on track to kick 30+ plus goals for the season (when he’d kicked 15 by rd 10) after he had a full page story on him in the paper. Only kicked 3 more goals for the season. Now delisted.
Harsh but fair
Can hold his head high and be proud of the fact he plated some good AFL footy

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I say this in the nicest possible way, but I'm shocked he played 42 games. Remarkable effort.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I say this in the nicest possible way, but I'm shocked he played 42 games. Remarkable effort.
Considering he even won the VFL B&F. Fringe player who really had many chances especially this season in the 1sts but showed his limits.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Considering he even won the VFL B&F. Fringe player who really had many chances especially this season in the 1sts but showed his limits.

Whenever he got selected it was a sign that our depth was close to the tipping point.

Of those 42 games, I reckon we'd have been less than 50% win / loss.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Gave his all and maximised his talent. In the end that is all we can ask as supporters

Thanks Jake

Reactions: 6 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Well done Jake, you had a crack and is also a ripping bloke.

If you have no luck elsewhere come back to the mighty Beacy Eagles.

Good Luck in the future mate.

Reactions: 4 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
had his shortcomings but gave it a go and was excellent at VFL level.
good luck to him