Jake Aarts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Aarts

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I’ve liked his season but I would replace him with a marking option - probably Caddy.
Aarts has done his job throughout the year. By Bringing Caddy, its a better option for us now. Caddy is a big body player, can mark and break tackles. Aarts was out muscled by a bigger opposition.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Aarts main role is to be at the feet of Lynch and he's done a great job all year. Chol made it impossible for him

Reactions: 7 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Hardly Chol's fault that Aarts couldn't be at the feet of Lynch
But Chol in the past 2 games has shown to be lazy, running late to ruck contests, unable to win the ball, jumping to soon, not willing to do the team thing.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He gives 100% and does his bit defensively, but 2 effective kicks and 2 effective handballs, no scores, no assists can't be considered a pass for a small forward except on the most lenient of Steve Morris scorecards.

His out was that it wasn't a night for forwards, the chains of play weren't there for him to get involved in.

But how many star jumps on the mark did he do LTRTR, that was Morro's one wood!!

Just as running to the bench supa fast was Matty Whites one wood!!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Aarts has done a sterling job this season but at the pointy end of the season we need the proven big guns in and to turn it on. I know it is hard for the likes of Jake and Ross for that matter but to be the 2020 reigning premiers is our sole target so we need to be ruthless

Reactions: 1 user

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Caddy’s omission was the worst selection committee mistake this year.
A hardened, smart and tough proven finals performer.
Injury their only excuse. Otherwise woeful decision.
Would have kicked at least 2 with the opportunities that Chol was given. Probably 3.

Reactions: 4 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
Caddy’s omission was the worst selection committee mistake this year.
A hardened, smart and tough proven finals performer.
Injury their only excuse. Otherwise woeful decision.
Would have kicked at least 2 with the opportunities that Chol was given. Probably 3.
Agree Caddy is big in finals. Another strong marking option

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
From what I saw Aarts, with not that many games behind him, is possibly not up to it for finals and I think Caddy is a better option.

But, I won't be overly upset if they do play him next week. At least with Aarts you know he will work and give everything.

DS

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Aarts is a pressure forward.

In the 90s it was simple - small forwards affect results with pressure. And margins with score.That just keeps getting more obvious.

Small forwards? Presssure. To win.

How do we measure that?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Aarts is a pressure forward.

In the 90s it was simple - small forwards affect results with pressure. And margins with score.That just keeps getting more obvious.

Small forwards? Presssure. To win.

How do we measure that?
Scoreboard?

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Fair enough, MD. I cbf doing those numbers. Because Aarts will look very good.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Apparently workin on a 2yr deal with the club at the moment.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Can't believe they picked him.
They didn't play lynch because he was injured but they selected Aarts that had still issues with his shoulder. You can't run when you have shoulder pain.
This was the clone Selection of Hardwick picking Conca in the final against Carlton.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
A bloke as limited as Aarts can't afford to be as dumb as he looked tonight. Was it twice he thought, na Saad won't catch me?

Is MoJu ready yet?

Reactions: 1 users