Jake King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake King

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004
King is the real deal. A focused individual who really stood out tonight not only as the best player for the Tigers but BOG overall.

Time for me to take out my knife & fork and eat the filth I have said about him in the past.

Eat the rich

Jacky boy's done it again...
Nov 2, 2007
www.drfollicles.com.au
My wife gave birth to a baby boy last thursday- another tiger for life, so I went out and bought him a vintage tiges jumper so he had something appropriate to wear to his christening.

I had #46 put on the back, cause Jake personifies the tigers of old, and wears the yellow and black with such pride and passion.Great game tonight Mr 110%.

hopper

Vile weed!
Jul 28, 2004
Darwin
biglinds said:
The flying bull ant was magnificent tonight.
Very apt description. Enjoyed kingy's game. Can cope with the odd clanger when the 1%ers keep piling up as they do with this bloke.

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Pure joy to watch.

hes got that something that just makes you grin whilst watching him.

could be something real special here.

"CULT HERO" possibility here.

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
Kingy's quickly becoming one of my fave Tiger players. :clap :clap

If all our players played with his passion & determination we would make top 4 this year.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
Regardless how long you've been playing....you draw inspiration from blokes like Kingy! ;)

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I tried to break his 309 push ups but passed out after number 8 :-\

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
He is like a meerkat. His head constantly on a swivel, looking around, trying to find a gap to shoot through.

Just the perfect modern day back pocket. Runs and creates non stop. The ball hits the deck and he mops up. Plays well beyond a 20 game footballer. Has mongrel factor.

Gordietiger

The Rolls Royce!
Apr 14, 2004
Tigion said:
ive said it before kingy reminds me of chris bond goes in hard and dosent care
Agreed--except he is much quicker and a much better kick of the footy

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not a bad player this King dude.

Yeah, guts and determination, mongrel, toghness etc. blah blah... we know all that. But IMO his main attributes that make him a great player and great prospect are his extremely clean and quick hands in close, his evasiveness (he's impossible to tackle), speed, balance, and his composure and awareness in tight.

If I were Terry he would be in our starting on-ball brigade.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Harry said:
Not a bad player this King dude.

Yeah, guts and determination, mongrel, toghness etc. blah blah... we know all that. But IMO his main attributes that make him a great player and great prospect are his extremely clean and quick hands in close, his evasiveness (he's impossible to tackle), speed, balance, and his composure and awareness in tight.

If I were Terry he would be in our starting on-ball brigade.
Wouldn't hurt to have a look at him in the middle sometime. The little rat seems to have all the required tools.