Jake King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake King

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'd forgotten that Jake won the grand final sprint, he blitzed them.
He was just a wee slip of a thing then.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Missed the rest of the season for punching Didak in the guts. Today it's a $1500 fine, all good, play on.

Got taken down for some of the most ridiculous things. Cloke dobbed him in in a practice game when there was no video, a jumper punch v Brisbane, "delayed concussion" v Adelaide after the MRP had given the all clear...

Don't forget G. Lyon slagged him off big time too.

UntamedTiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 8, 2003
That footage against the pies still fires me up. You can see so clearly, the pre-mediated plan to line up
and get into Kingy, Yet the AFL and the MRP gave them the all clear. Was a joke then, still a joke now.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
UntamedTiger said:
That footage against the pies still fires me up. You can see so clearly, the pre-mediated plan to line up
and get into Kingy, Yet the AFL and the MRP gave them the all clear. Was a joke then, still a joke now.

yes, it was. But the wider non-collingwood football public enjoyed seeing little King giving it to Collingwood. We won that rumble. Shame we lost the match though

Massai

Tiger Champion
Mar 27, 2009
Tigers of Old said:
Innocent until proven guilty of what's being reported but I hope the club is counseling any current players who're currently in contact with him.
Victoria Police have just charged him with 6 Offences......no player at Richmond should be allowed anywhere near him in my book.

gazza49

Tiger Rookie
Mar 15, 2014
Massai said:
Victoria Police have just charged him with 6 Offences......no player at Richmond should be allowed anywhere near him in my book.
Yep just dump your mates when they probably need you the most!! Very Australian, I wonder if that is on the citizenship test!

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
This is all rather disappointing. I like Kingy but if this is true he's really blown his media and public speaking opportunities you'd feel. Would also be looking at a few years in the big house.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Massai said:

These are the charges Jake is facing..

Extortion x 1
Make threats to kill x 1
Threats to inflict serious injury x 2
Use carriage service to harass x 2

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
These are the charges Jake is facing..

Extortion x 1
Make threats to kill x 1
Threats to inflict serious injury x 2
Use carriage service to harass x 2

Gotta love the term "carriage service"...

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
What does that mean? 'Carriage service'?

Horse Drawn ype?

Just kidding

'Very naughty boy'

Well he was involved in the infamous $Wallet stand over tactic when he was coach wasn't he?

After Terry said to a player 'you just cost me my job'. Went to Swans? What was his name?????

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
YinnarTiger said:
Mitch Morton

That's Premiership player Mitch Morton. I think that outburst by Terry was after a Swans game as well.

Jake (Youth Leadership Group) and Chrissy Newman (Capt.) went to Terry to tell him he'd lost the players. That night the news was broken that we were sacking Terry the next day, but we didn't.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Baloo said:
That's Premiership player Mitch Morton. I think that outburst by Terry was after a Swans game as well.

Jake (Youth Leadership Group) and Chrissy Newman (Capt.) went to Terry to tell him he'd lost the players. That night the news was broken that we were sacking Terry the next day, but we didn't.

After Port Adelaide beat us by 3 points. In Adelaide.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Thanks Yinnar.

That's right Mitch Morton. Had the last laugh.

Thanks Baloo. So he didn't sacked. But got one part right that Kingy was involved.

Thanks Wiillo. Was thinking Port or Adelaide as it was in Adelaide. Just lost.