Jake King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake King

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Tigers of Old said:
These are the charges Jake is facing..

Extortion x 1
Make threats to kill x 1
Threats to inflict serious injury x 2
Use carriage service to harass x 2

Funny, it probably happens all the time just doesn't get reported to the police.

If the bloke owes money to King/Vickery and has broken the law to fleece them I don't see much wrong with "persuading" him to give it back. How many empty threats are issued in these circumstances?

The law does little to support victims of this type of fraud/crime.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
The evidence against Jake must be somewhat conclusive for the plods to just walk in an indict him. Maybe Jake was unaware the target was taping & recording such meetings over a latte.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
waiting said:
What does that mean? 'Carriage service'?

Horse Drawn ype?

Just kidding

'Very naughty boy'

Well he was involved in the infamous $Wallet stand over tactic when he was coach wasn't he?

After Terry said to a player 'you just cost me my job'. Went to Swans? What was his name?????

An example would be using PRE to harass someone. Not that that would ever happen ;D

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
gazza49 said:
Yep just dump your mates when they probably need you the most!! Very Australian, I wonder if that is on the citizenship test!

I'm glad I don't have mates like this I'd have to support. There's no excuse for standover tactics and threatening to kill people if that's in fact what he has done. Obviously he's been mixing with the wrong crowds.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Tigaman said:
The evidence against Jake must be somewhat conclusive for the plods to just walk in an indict him. Maybe Jake was unaware the target was taping & recording such meetings over a latte.

Absolutely. Bikie gang and associate crime is a very big problem in Australia.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/jake-king-gets-12-month-good-behaviour-bond-after-threats/news-story/c7c9194478f92e17b6216b7af24ef0b3

Jake King gets 12 month good behaviour bond after threats

RICHARD FERGUSON

Former Richmond player Jake King has escaped a jail sentence with the help of his fellow Tigers.

King was charged last July after he threatened to break the legs of a businessman if he did not pay him $150,000. He pleaded guilty to possessing testosterone supplements, but after references from former Richmond colleagues, he was sentenced to a 12-month good behaviour bond, without conviction, in Melbourne’s Magistrates Court yesterday. He must also pay $5000 to charity.

“I’m just happy that it’s all over. And now I can just move on from it,” he said outside court.

King was arrested at his South Melbourne tattoo parlour, which he co-owns with former outlaw motorcycle gang member Toby Mitchell, last year.

The court had heard King threatened via text message to ­assault businessman Tony Mokdissi, who co-owned a restaurant in Melbourne with King’s former Richmond teammate Ty Vickery.

Mr Mokdissi had failed to pay a debt to Vickery, which the court heard led to the text messages.

“If I have to come see you, I tell you right now, I’ll break you f..king legs,” King wrote in one text.

Mr Mokdissi replied: “I really don’t want to come see you. I’m just too afraid.”

A list of Richmond greats ­including Brownlow medallist Dustin Martin, former player Matthew Richardson, Richmond chief executive Brendon Gale and former Tigers president Gary March provided character references for King.

It is understood a former police sergeant with 25 years’ experience also supplied a reference for King, who played 107 games until he was forced to retire due to injury in 2014. Vickery retired last year.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Good on ya Jackie for bringing in the big guns for support in your case. Well done Richmond football club by sticking fat with the family!

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Richo, March, and the Chief, could be sporting new (free) tatts soon. Not much real estate left on Dusty.

Now keep outta trouble Jakey.

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
Sintiger said:
Little chance of that with mates like Toby Mitchell who is currently in the slammer I think ? They own the tattoo
Parlour together

toby is out mate and quite free
was in the crowd against dockers, he is a mad one eyed tiger

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Keep your nose clean now Kingy the club shouldn't go into bat for him again if he messes up again.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The tattoo parlour co-owned by Toby Mitchell and Jake King was raided this morning as part of the investigation into the murder of that guy in the melba tunnel in November. Article says that there is no suggestion that either of them were involved and they haven’t been arrested.
Jakey certainly lives close the edge with these guys.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The tattoo parlour co-owned by Toby Mitchell and Jake King was raided this morning as part of the investigation into the murder of that guy in the melba tunnel in November. Article says that there is no suggestion that either of them were involved and they haven’t been arrested.
Jakey certainly lives close the edge with these guys.
Was wondering why the Jakey thread had popped up again. Guessin he's happy n comfortable spending his life on the edge of strife.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Was wondering why the Jakey thread had popped up again. Guessin he's happy n comfortable spending his life on the edge of strife.

Yeah.

Those fruit and vegetable sellers seem to find a disproportionate amount of trouble too