Jake Stringer

Inspector

Follow me!!
Sep 22, 2004
Mornington
Could we get Stringer? Trade our first pick and a player Miles Lennon etc now we have signed Dusty good we fit him in the cap?

toothless

Don't push me 'cos I'm close to the edge...
Aug 16, 2009
Overrated, inconsistent, and doesn't suit Richmond's needs nor most of the other teams needs for that matter. Third tall on decent coin equals a waste of valuable cap space

zgod

Tiger Champion
Feb 25, 2008
Ego would create a toxic culture especially with the dollars he would want.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Pass. We need a key forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. At 192cm Jake is not that player. In fact for his own longevity I think he needs to move in to the midfield. Can't think of too many undersized key forwards who go on to have long successful careers solely as forwards.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Worth every bit our two first rounders.

Had some personal stuff and injuries to work through this year, but is a match winner who impacts games. They don't grow on trees.

Fits our game style perfectly as well. Great tackler, has pace, versatile. Great age demographic at 23 y.o.

Don't forget this is a guy who two years ago (at 21 y.o) kicked 56 goals and was All Aus forward.

Get him fit and injury free and he will produce that and more again.

JB has knocked him as well. Buy. Buy. Buy.

Very much doubt the Dogs would sell though.

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
TigerFurious said:
Pass. We need a key forward who can pinch hit in the ruck. At 192cm Jake is not that player. In fact for his own longevity I think he needs to move in to the midfield. Can't think of too many undersized key forwards who go on to have long successful careers solely as forwards.
Agreed, we desperately need an understudy/replacement for Jack Riewoldt, not another middling sized forward. Nothing against him although I do worry a bit about his attitude. A player coming from a club with a poor culture and no prospect for success you can make excuses for, Footscray on the other hand has hardly been that for the last couple of years. He would just cost too much both in salary cap and draft picks and/or players.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
has kicked 136.77 in 73 games. 192cm (6ft 4) ...... too hot and cold for me but if we get knocked out in straight sets I suspect we will chase some one like this.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
tigerhalsey said:
Who would he replace in the best 22?
is that a serious question? as a mobile 192cm, he could play as our second key tall and still play a key role in our manic forward press. I could not think of a more perfect player that suits the way we play.