Jarrod Brander | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jarrod Brander

RemoteTiger

Woof!
Jul 29, 2004
Delisted by Eagles. Moves well. Tall, fast, strong mark, good kick.

Victorian wanting to come home!

Thoughts?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Was in Baltas draft from memory.

Has struggled to find a position in his years at the Coasters, and not great news getting let go when they are an aging side heading into a freshening up period ala the Tigers.

On Paper he's a KPP however he's never really played as one, and if we want a 195 cm wingman , we have a better option in Noah or a 192 cm option with Broad who is an athlete in his own right, but we will be keeping both of them in the Defensive Half.

I dont see Brander as a target for the RFC.

Mitchell might talk him over to the Hawks if they had a decent relationship during Mitchells 2 years at the Coasters.

Hawks, Saints, Pies, Dogs or Blues will take him. I dont say Geelong cos he's too young but you never know.

A club will take him, but I'm doubting it will be the RFC.

Last edited:

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
Apparently looking for a role as a 3rd forward. Young also, so realistically, you’d think he’s exactly what we’re looking for, from memory we were into him in his draft year also.

Either the club has no interest or we think we can get him cheap later. Honestly I think he’d be worth a rookie spot for a year to see how he goes, however I’d imagine he’ll get snapped up by another club for a regular list spot

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Only can recall seeing brief glimpses. Looked like a good mover and decent size. But no good as a forward (or an AFL footballer) if you are a horrible kick.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Was Brander the guy that GWS tried to sneek thru as an regional academy pick? The AFL over ruled it and he went into the open draft?
If so, GWS could do with a key forward now.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Perfect PSD pick.
Can play but did not fit in at Eagles.
Not A grade but a good backup... Broad like.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Was Brander the guy that GWS tried to sneek thru as an regional academy pick? The AFL over ruled it and he went into the open draft?
If so, GWS could do with a key forward now.
It could have been Marshall from Port ?

For memory wasn’t Brander touted as a top 10 pick then drifted ? What’s the knock on him ?

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
It could have been Marshall from Port ?

For memory wasn’t Brander touted as a top 10 pick then drifted ? What’s the knock on him ?
He can’t kick, mark, run or handball that well, and he’s slow.
Other than that he’s a champion

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users