Jason Torney | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jason Torney

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Great to see Jason Torney have a great game the other day against fremantle.

Tiger furious asked on another thread why wasn't Torney getting 28 possessions and finding targets at Richmond? The answer to this is because Richmond plays a reactive, defensive game style.

In previous years Torney was always played in a tagging role, whether it be in defense or in the middle. Torney always showed alot of flair and evasiveness however frawely always bunkered him into a tagging role on an opposition player. - always..

On friday night we had too many players worried about their opponents and were not focussed on the ball or to support players with possession. Rogers and Bowden on Buckley, Newman on Didak, Rodan on Davis, Tivendale on Lockyear, Hilton on Woey, etc.

These 6 players were not giving enough support to our only 3 (IMO) pro-active players - Campbell, Coughlan, Johnson. These 3 players were our main in and unders, getting the hard ball.

We matched collingwood in the hard ball gets (thanx to the 3 players I mentioned) but we were severly let down in the support and link up play that should have been provided by the 6 players I mentioned and others.

This was directly due to Frawelys defensive and reactive game plan. Have you noticed how frawely places so much emphasis on match ups and team balance. We should play our own game and let other teams match up on us for a change.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
See in yesterday's herald sun they asked torney what he thought about the four coaches he played under at richmond. He was glowing with praise for the first two northey and walls, especially walls but said he'd prefer to say nothing about Gieschen and Frawley

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He must be on such a high at the moment -

- Went back home to SA

- Playing for a team that knows how to play the game and is a real premiership threat

- Not having to be tortured by RFC's incompetence.