Jay Schulz | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jay Schulz

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I'm glad Jay has been eased in to the senior side. He's had a taste of it and seen he can probably cut at the elite level.

It must give him inspiration for the endless summer hours ahead for him in the gym.

I think Jay is our future, especially if trades with tall players like Otto or Richo or Dutchy eventuate.

Good luck next year big fella, we need you.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I certainly hope they wouldn't let Otto go Roar, but there could be a scenario where it's out of Richmond's hands in the enxt year or two.

That comment was based on Otto saying on tv last week that he wants to go back to SA.

I don't recall him saying this year specifically, but if he wanted to go could we hold him?

It's that time of year where stories and rumours abound, and I don't believe much until it actually happens.

Here's hoping Otto likes Victoria, Richmond and Spud and wants to hang around.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Let's hope this board gives Jay enough time to develop before writing him off as a dud. I wouldn't expect too much next year - maybe in 4 or 5 year's time he'll be fully firing.

Hope Ottens stays!

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
I don't recall him saying this year specifically, but if he wanted to go could we hold him?

We can until the end of 2004 as he is under contract

rosy3 said:
Here's hoping Otto likes Victoria, Richmond and Spud and wants to hang around.

Well considering his family (Mum, sister and the borther is still here too) has moved over to be with him and he has said he wants to play for Richmond I think it is fair to assume at this point that he is here for a while yet

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Koalalill said:
We can until the end of 2004 as he is under contract

I realise that Lill, but I didn't mean literally. Maybe I should have said would it be in everyones best interests.

Warning....the following scenario is only hypothetical, not related to any specific player.

It would be hard for the club if a much needed player requested to be traded for personal reasons.

The club have the right to refuse if he has a year to go on his contract, but it does raise issues.

Do they insist on him staying despite knowing he doesn't want to be around.

Do they trade him because at least he has massive market value?

Do they insist he honour his contract and risk losing him for nothing at the end of next season?

They are answers none of us would know, and I'm glad it will never be up to me to make decisions like that. I hope the situation never arises with any of our players anyway.